Friday, January 09, 2009

january nine

I'm down 4 lbs. YEY! Though, this is super hard. I don't recall it being so hard the last time (2005). It was a breeze last time losing 25 lbs before my wedding. I want to get back to the same weight I was on my wedding day. As of January 1st I had 32 lbs to lose. As of today, only 28 lbs more to lose to get there. It's a fabulous start. Especially in 9 days. Though, I'm still going through sugar withdrawl, and my body feels horrible. Why does sugar do that to you?

Today I got my 2nd to last Scout's Swag Sock Club in Red Pear Tweed. I like the colors, just curious on how it knits up though. I'm hoping soon someone will have posted something on Ravelry from a project they're using it for. I love raspberry colors.

Today was laundry day. I think I did about 8 loads. It seriously never ends. I wanted to make sure the bulk of it was done before Monday, but I'm sure I'm going to have do to another load before I leave with the boys for a week. Yep, I'm going to Florida with the 2 kids for 8 days. (Leaving the hubby behind with a list of things to do around the house while I'm gone). I need a little R&R, though I'm not really sure how much R&R they will give me. I'm traveling with my sister & mother, to see my grandmother. I have an order of 4 skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock waiting for me (a gift from my Secret Pal 12 Group - thank you again guys!) at my grandmother's condo, along with a pair of shoes I ordered online in the USA and sent it to her condo. I'll blog about that next week, upon receiving it. For the shoes, I managed to score free shipping and as well, a 5$ off rebate, upon googling "coupons" with the stores name. My friend Sherrie once told me to do that. It works more for American stores than Canadian stores.

I had some time this afternoon, so I decided to play dress-up with Mack. One day, my sons will kill me for all the outfits I made them wear, but for now, they're my cuties.

My little stinker in a skunk outfit.

And my little duck. Quack!

I received a picture today from Jamie's cousin, of her daughter in the Boheme that I knit for her. It fits her nicely now, and she's almost 2 months old. Hmmm, the pattern was for 6 month size and I used Sport weight yarn, as I believe the pattern called for. I am not even sure if a 6 month old will be able to wear this, though, I'll inquire about it later on in a few months. I can't tell by the photo if it's too big on her, or not.

My in-laws came for dinner tonight, and it was delicious as always. My in-laws are trying to follow the GI Diet as well. Though, they're not being as strict as I am. Again, I'm beat, so I'm going to go to bed. Too much to do today as well (did a huge office clean up, my desk was a mess - not anymore!) so no knitting today either. Hopefully tomorrow. I am sooooooo close to being done the Moss Block Cardigan. Maybe I'll get that one done!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your trip to Florida, what a treat! Can't wait to see photos! Will you have internet access there at your grandma's? I sure hope so :)
Good luck with all the preparations for your holiday!

Amelah said...

Congrats on the 4 pounds, keep up the good work!!

OMG! Mackie is delicous!!!

Dawn said...

What a cute little skunk you have. The boheme that you knit is adorable. I love seeing the gift knitting in action. So cute.

Jennifer said...

that lil stinker is just.too.cute. !

cpngrats on the four pounds - dieting blows and you are doing GREAT! i'm doing weight watchers right now and am down 7 or so as of last week...today i will weigh myself and see if that number has grown. it's hard work and some days are ok, but others are downright brutal lol i give in to the temptations way more often than i should, but whatever...one pound at a time ;) ps.. as of last monday, i was 46 lbs heavier than my wedding day nine years ago - yikes!! i have a long way to go, but if i just keep working...

and ps - i would be curious to know what the apology letter from the gazette says...that is unbelievable!!

Bea said...

What a little stinker...

Tara said...

Keep playing dressup with the boys, they're adorable!

Johanna said...

Oooh, that Scout's Swag is BEAUTIFUL... if you decide it's not your colors... I'm just saying! ;-)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 4 pounds! That's fantastic!!!

Travel safe!

g-girl said...

ohh, she looks so cute in her boheme! :) congrats on the loss of 4lbs. :) your latest installment of scout's swag is yummy!