Sunday, January 25, 2009

january twenty-five :: 108 weeks old

Sean is 108 weeks old today.

Today was a really long day. Sean refused to nap. Today there was no negotiation on that one. He was babysat this evening, and I didn't want to give him to the babysitter without a nap, so it was a fight to get him to nap. Over an hour of kicking of screaming and we finally got him to nap, though he didn't nap very long. That's two days in a row of him putting up a fight to nap. Which is weird - because he naps just fine at school. Argh! We've never had issues this bad, both days on the weekend. Maybe he's coming down with something? Maybe his 2 year old molars (which I haven't seen yet) are coming through? I don't understand it. He's still way too young to give up his afternoon nap and he doesn't function without it. By the time I had gotten Sean to nap (he screamed for Mommy the entire time, didn't want daddy - actually told Jamie to get out of his room), I missed a party that I was supposed to take Mack to. One of this friends turned 1 on Friday. (His first friend to turn 1).

The reason for the need for a babysitter tonight was for the All Stars game. It was held in Montreal tonight, due to the Habs' 100th season. We were lucky to get tickets as well, as they were very hard to come by (Season ticket holders were offered their tickets, just not in their original seats, so we sat somewhere else).

There was knitting at the game (not on my Habs socks, because even though there were a handful of Habs players on the ice, it wasn't a Habs game!) so I worked on something else (color of the yarn has been eliminated until I can show you what it is). Though, the sock is progressing, and I've turned the heel, and it's look fabulous!

The game was fun, it was the East vs. the West (Conferences) and we (the East) won 12-11 in a shout out. What a game. A lot of great goals scored. Some funny ones too. It was a lot of fun! A lot of excitement. We sat infront of a company group and they were really loud & obnoxious. There were 2 girls out of the entire row and they had no idea what was going on, and were just gossiping the entire time. It was rather annoying. There was an 8 year old girl sitting with her mom behind us that kept asking retarded questions about the game, and her mother had no idea what to answer. I was thinking why did they bother coming if they don't even appreciate/understand what's going on. I can't stand people like that at a hockey game. So super hard to tune out! I tried tough, and concentrated on the sock I was knitting & the game. My friend's husband who sits 2 seats over from us at games came to find me. He was also offered tickets in the section I was sitting in, but sold them to someone as he got seats closer to where our section originally is, and a better row. (Our season tickets are front row of the section, but our All Star Game tickets were 7 rows back.... with less leg room). (I missed our seats let me tell you!) He made fun of me for "sewing" at the game, but I let what he says go in one ear and out the other. I wanted to scream at him "It's knitting".... but I let it slide for tonight...

5 comments:

Ali P said...

He's two and so naps less and less and at school or daycare they are usually kept extra busy or at least busier than they are at home where everything is uber familiar and its tiring being in that new environment to his little self. A nap a school is his body's way of shutting down the sensory overload for a little recovery time and his brain can process extra things then. This is very normal...get used to losing his naps.

Amelah said...

GO HABS GO!!!! Even though there was only a few players!!!

The husband of the kid in play group, is that the one who made a dent in the, ummm whatever it's called in front of us???

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go to the All-Star game. How fun is that?!??!?!

g-girl said...

your hair is getting longer. wow, you got to go to the all-star game? cool! :)

Tara said...

You know, not everyone is as obsessed with hockey as you are, hun... :)