Friday, February 06, 2009

february six

This morning I decided to keep Sean home from daycare. He started with a cough last night, and it was still there this morning, so since Mack had a 10:45 am doctor's appointment this morning, I decided to take Sean with to get his lungs listened to as well.

I had one errand to do before I took the boys to the doctor, so my mother came over to watch both boys so I could go take care of my errand. I'm glad my parents live 5 streets away, it makes it so much easier for them to help me out with the boys.

After my errand I went with both boys to Mack's doctor's appointment. She listened to Sean's lungs and said everything was clear, it was just a common cold/cough. Nothing to be worried about. She listened to my lungs as well, and as well said my lungs sounded clear (I was also starting to cough a bit). Mack's appointment was for his weight. She'd wanted to see him to see if he was growing back onto the growth curve. He was born in the 10th percentile, and was in the 25th percentile by his 4 month check up and at his 6 month check up he was back in the 10th percentile. As of today, at 7 and a half months old, he's now in between the 10th and 25th percentile, so he's growing again, but not quite there. He now weighs 16 lbs 11.5 oz. (So just over 16 and a half pounds). Getting there. At least now he's starting to eat more solid foods (puree), not like before when he wasn't interested in any solids. So happy he's getting back on track. But he's still my little pisher!

I ran some errands for Robyn's Nest after the appointment, and got that all accomplished. I also went over to my old babysitter's house, to pick up the item off Craigslist that I emailed her about. Instead of payment for the item (she didn't want a payment from me), I made her my Scrabble Letter Earrings, in her name initial. She loved them!

I then met up with Madeleine & Michelle for lunch at one of my fave pizza joints in the city. Lunch was delicious, but a handful with both boys. Now I know why I rarely go out to restaurants with both boys without at least Jamie to help me out. (Or anyone else in my immediate family). It's hard with 2 young kids! I ended up running into a few other people at the restaurant that I knew (my parent's next door neighbor, my ex-boss from when I worked at a video store before I got married & my dad's electrician). I always run into people I know at that restaurant. Without fail.

After lunch we headed straight home as both boys needed a nap. I got a few hours in the afternoon to take care of some chores around the house, and fold some laundry that didn't get folded yesterday. (3 of the 5 baskets got folded yesterday, the rest got done this afternoon).

This evening my in-laws came over and we went out for dinner. Sean actually behaved quite well for having been in 2 restaurants in one day to eat! It was just one of those days, with lots of plans!

I feel like I'm coming down with something. Sucks to be sick, but I'm probably catching whatever it is Sean has... and even though Dr. F listened to my lungs, and said everything is clear, I feel a little bit worse tonight than I did this morning when I saw her. Hopefully it's just the common cold, if anything, and it'll pass quickly. I've got nothing going on Saturday really, so I'll stay in an recoup, but Sunday, I have plans with my best friend since Kindergarten, Robyn. (Yes we have the same first name and middle name spelled exactly the same way). She's flying in from Arizona tonight to Burlington, and then taking either the bus or train into Montreal tomorrow morning. Her grandmother's not doing so well, so she is coming in to see her. I've pre-arranged it so that Robyn can go see her old house that she grew up in. I happen to live 5 houses down from her childhood home, and made friends with the mother of the house over Halloween this past year. Robyn's really excited to go see her old house, and she'll finally get to meet my boys. The last time I saw her was the weekend of my wedding, as she was a bridesmaid at my wedding. It's amazing with some people, you can go months without talking to them, but then when you finally do catch up, it's as if nothing has ever changed. I am also finally going to meet her husband, someone she's been dating for over 10 years. The only time I was in Arizona to visit her was in 1994, and she hadn't met him yet. Wow, I can't believe that was 15 years ago that I was in Arizona. I've seen her a couple of times since (1998, 2005, and I'm sure there have been other visits in between 1998 and 2005, I just can't think of the dates now, but I can recall her visiting). I just can't believe it's been almost 4 years since she was last in Montreal. I was supposed to go down in November of 2006, but was VERY pregnant with Sean (who was born December 2006), so I didn't go to her wedding (though we did have a falling out for about a year around that time, but that's another story). It'll be good to see her again, that's for sure.


Shelley said...

Hope you're feeling better and that you didn't come down with anything too bad (or at all)!

Nell said...

Get some rest and some vitamin C. Hopefully that'll keep the bugs away!

Tara said...

I hope you had a good time with your friend! It's true how with some people, time has no impact on the relationship.

g-girl said...

oh no..well, it was bound to happen right? how exciting that you're going to get to spend time with your best friend from Kindergarten. :) I totally get what you mean--about no matter how much time passes, the friendship and the connection is still strong. :)