Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Both boys stayed home today. They were both warm upon waking up. (And when I say warm, I mean boiling). I am trying to rectify the thermometer situation, as we don't have a good one for the kids, and I can't seem to find one that will accurately take their temperatures. Do you have a really good one that you suggest? The ear one never takes their temperature accurately, and the one that goes under the armpit (digitally) I don't think is that great either. Forget about them letting me put one in their bums... I'm not going there. So I gave them both some tempra, and by lunch their bodies felt normal again. For sure they both had some temperature, I'm just not sure how much.
Sean doesn't nap anymore when at home (he does at daycare still) so he didn't nap today, even though he wasn't feeling 100%. I did find him stuff to keep himself amused so that I could get some work done from home today while Mack napped.
Though, he did get black marker over a lot of his body, and we're having a heck of a time washing it off. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. (They're not permanent markers though, just not crayola washable).
Ah, so I wanted to talk about the tomato sauce I made last night from scratch. I basically took this recipe and altered it a bit (had no carrots in the fridge and added a full can of tomato paste as two tablespoons wasn't enough. It came out really good, surprisingly. I got praises from Madeleine, and from Jamie (who is picky on non-meat sauces). It made a pretty decent amount as well.
I have fully stocked back up my 5" and 8" Bamboo DPNs in the shop. You can find them here and here. They're even on sale! It's been a while since I've re-stocked those, and finally my new order arrived! I know some of you were asking about some of the sizes, so they're finally in stock!
Worked on Mara tonight while watching some TV with Jamie. I am really hoping to finish it soon. These last few rows are a killer with over 620+ stitches (I lost count) on each row...!
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- january thirty-one
- january thirty
- january twenty-nine
- january twenty-eight :: 37 months old
- january twenty-seven :: 84 weeks old
- january twenty-six
- january twenty-five :: 160 weeks old
- january twenty-four :: Palm Beach Zoo
- january twenty-four :: the morning
- january twenty-three
- january twenty-two
- january twenty-one
- january twenty :: 83 weeks old
- january nineteen
- january eighteen :: 159 weeks old
- january seventeen :: 19 months old
- january sixteen
- january fifteen
- january fourteen
- january thirteen :: 82 weeks old
- january twelve
- january eleven :: 158 weeks old
- january ten
- january nine
- january eight
- january seven
- january six :: 81 weeks old
- january five
- january four :: 157 weeks old
- january three
- january two
- january one
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2009 (367)
- ► 2008 (366)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)