Friday, January 01, 2010

january one

A new year. A new calendar. A new journal. Fresh pages. Clean start. I made some resolutions.

2010 I'll knit from Stash.
2010 I won't buy yarn.
2010 I will knit myself my first sweater.
2010 I will knit (mainly) for me.
2010 I will stay on top of the laundry and not procrastinate.
2010 I will fold the laundry right away and not have it sit for days.
2010 I will try to be more patient with my children.
2010 I will try to get more organized.
2010 I will try to stay organized.
2010 I will de-clutter my home.

I think these are pretty obtainable goals.

I've added a ticker on my sidebar to count up. Once it reaches 365 days, I'll be able to make a new yarn purchase. Unless this year is a leap year - then that will be 366 days. Does anyone know when the next leap year is??

Sean decided that he wanted to wear my sock project bag that Bea made on his head as a hat. Silly boy - it actually just fits his head perfectly. The imagination on him sometimes is just wild.

This morning we decided to bundle up and head outside to play in the snow.

Sean has a thing for sunglasses. It wasn't even sunny.

It was the perfect weather to make some snowballs.

Some perfect snowballs to boot.

The kids had fun throwing them at me.

Sean & Jamie made a snowman.

The snowman got to try on Sean's sunglasses.

Mack's not really convinced by this snow business.

He's just like me, and would rather be inside where it's nice and warm.

Though he was kinda happy when we gave him a ton of snowballs to play with.

But then it was time for Mack to go inside and eat lunch, so Jamie & Sean stayed outside for a bit. Mack was getting a tad cranky as it was nearing nap time. I was happy to go inside though, my toes were starting to get numb.

Some more progress on my Mara Shawl. I totally thought I'd be done this by now... but I've got over 250+ stitches and it's taking a lot longer than expected to knit this. Though, I want to finish it already because I want to wear it, and I have other stuff I should be doing. It's going to be so cozy though... I can just feel it's warmth already!

And the color!? How can you resist this color? I have enough of this stuff in my stash to make a sweater as well. It's just sooo delicious. And wonderful to knit with.

Jamie and I watched Inglourious Basterds this evening after the kids went to bed. All I have to say is.... "interesting". While I don't normally sit down to watch a movie about Nazis, it was well, interesting. I can't even use any other words to describe the movie. While I am not a huge fan of Brad Pitt, he was alright in the movie. I wouldn't exactly sit down and watch this movie again, but I wouldn't say that I hated the movie. I did get 2 and a half hours of knitting time though, so I can't exactly complain.

Here's to a glorious 2010. I hope it's better than 2009!

6 comments:

AshAsh said...

Leap year happens ever four years. We just had one in 2008, so the next one isn't until 2012.

Sarah B. said...

2012 - Leap Years are always divisible by four.

Happy New Year!

Bea said...

Love the bundled up pictures. Those snowball makers are pretty awesome too. Mara is coming out really well.

Amelah said...

Good luck with your goals!!

Me too I am going to try and be good with no buying yarn....unless its needed for a specific project,then again I Have enough yarn to last me through the year!!!!!

g-girl said...

nice new journal! good luck with your resolutions for this year. :) wow. i don't think i've ever seen perfect snowballs before until today!! the color for your mara is absolutely breathtaking!!! so Ingorious basterds was interesting? i haven't watched it yet but i have a copy of it.

Tara said...

I really enjoyed that movie, even though it ain't exactly historically accurate! I especially liked Brad Pitt's performance. His "italian" was laugh-out-loud funny.