Thursday, January 21, 2010

january twenty-one

50cents

Today I started off the day doing laundry.
Can you believe that a washing machine load costs only .50¢ to run?

25cents

Can you also believe that the dryer only costs .25¢ to run?

buckethead

While waiting for the laundry, we hung out at my grandmother’s condo.
My sister unfortunately woke up really early this morning sick, so we knew that we’d be blowing off the beach today, unfortunately. I hope she feels better soon.

seantalk2J

Sean got to speak to Jamie on the phone this morning and updated him on what we’ve been up to lately.

momboyscouches

After getting off the phone was story time.

whizkidball

And then when the buzzer rang on the timer, Sean accompanied me for a walk to the laundry room.

redflower

We stopped and smelled the flowers.
(Well, not this one, as there was a bee in it).

kidsincar

After all the laundry was folded, and after lunch was finished, my mother & I took the boys out to run a few errands. We left my sister back at the condo with my grandmother this way Amy could rest and get better and my grandmother could finish up some stuff around the house that she wanted to get done.

costcokids

We even made a trip to Costco. It’s great that my Canadian membership works here in the USA.
We needed to pick up a couple of things that my grandmother keeps in the house, that we’ve been using, so that she doesn’t run out. She doesn't have a car here, so she usually relies on her sister & her brother-in-law for lifts. This week she has our rental car, so we’ve been taking her to do things on her list.

maradone1

I finished Mara!

SPECS
Pattern: Mara Shawl by Madeleinetosh (My Ravelry Link)
For: Me!
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Happy Forest
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm
Size: 53" x 24"
Timeline: December 22, 2009 – January 20, 2010
Modifications: Followed pattern as written, but got different dimensions than described. I had more yarn than the pattern called for, but couldn’t get 4” out of the last part of the pattern, I was only able to get ?” and then had just enough yarn to bind off. The final measurements of the shawl are ?“x ?“.
Opinion: Love it!

maradone3

maradone2

maradone

Yep, I’m in love.

This evening we hung around my grandmother’s condo, my great-aunt & great-uncle came by for a bit, bringing the boys some gifts (a new puzzle & a book) and we had dinner here, and we watched some TV this evening. Amy & I sat down and watched tonight’s Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice. Tonight was 2 really good episodes.

Not sure yet what is on tap for tomorrow, I guess we’ll see how the weather is when we get up in the morning.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

The shawl is beautiful. Good job!

Just Me said...

I am so happy to see your finished shawl! It's beautiful!! Enjoy your vacation.
Oh, one question, how did you get knitting needles on the airplane?? I bring bamboo needles, but it looked like you were using metal?

Bea said...

Did the dryer dry things with just one cycle? When I was in apartments in college they cost a quarter but then you had to put your clothes in 3 or 4 times. Hope Amy is feeling better by now. Gorgeous shawl. Love the color choice.

Amelah said...

Mara looks great!!

They should have at least two machienes for each floor [at least both floors have a machine and it is not one machine for 16 condo's!!]

Sean is soo silly - buckets on his head!!!

Sucks i missed out today. I think it was a 24 hour bug and not a reaction to my food...found out my friend Katie back at home had similar symptons to me and she thinks it was gastro....who knows.

Anonymous said...

You post too much for me to comment on every single post! LOL

Mara looks awesome! I love that first shot of it on the pole, looks so perfect hanging there. Great job!

g-girl said...

sorry to hear amy woke up sick. :( mara looks absolutely stunning!! i love it! wow, good to know that your canadian costco membership works here in the us so maybe it'd work vice versa too!

Tara said...

Your Mara is beautiful! Can't wait to see it on you :)