Pattern: Girl's cap sleeved spring shirt by shellee floyd (My Ravelry Project)
For: Bekah’s 1st Birthday
Yarn: 1 skein of Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash color 805
Needles: US 6 - 4.0 mm, US 8 - 5.0 mm and US 10 - 6.0 mm
Timeline: July 12-20, 2010
Modifications: Knit pattern as written to desired length of shirt.
Opinion: I love it. I hope the birthday girl loves it too.
Pattern: February Baby Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmermann (My Ravelry Projects)
For: Zoe due Dececember 2010
Yarn: .89 of a skein of Colinette Jitterbug in Whirley Fig
Needles: US 6 - 4.0 mm
Timeline: June 22, 2010 to July 9, 2010
Modifications: Knit pattern as written.
Opinion: I love it. I can’t wait to have a little baby to put into it. I had an easier time with it once I deciphered EZ’s pattern writing. I had previously knit the February Lady Sweater, but still needed some guidance with the baby sweater with EZ’s vague pattern writing techniques.
I ended up using the shiny buttons, because the pink ones, while fabulous as well, weren’t 100% the same shade as the pink of the yarn, and after talking with some friends, I decided to use the shiny over the pink. I think it was a good decision. What do you think?
Drive-by tid-bits about my day:
- I almost fell asleep in pre-natal yoga today. It was that relaxing. I also think she did an extra long bit to the relaxation at the end, that I felt myself nodding out. Bliss.
- On my way to work I stopped off at Telus (my cell phone provider), which is a few doors down. I have been meaning to go for a few weeks now, as my cell phone has been stuck in “silent mode”. Well, I finally figured out how to get my cell phone off said “silent mode”. Damn * (star) key. One of the kids must have held it down, and I had no idea that the * key activated permanent the silent mode on my cell! It also de-activates it. Well, now I know.
- Had a nice dinner out with a few friends. Indulged in foods that isn’t normal food for a dinner. But that’s okay, I’m pregnant. The baby requested it, right?
Today’s de-clutter progress is here. Over the 100 item mark now. Only 1872 to go!
Today’s Link Love:
- This chore chart is awesome.
- Think it’s silly that kids love these. They remind me of day camp back in the late 80’s.
- Love this image.
Off to bed to read. Almost done the book. Got the next one lined up – so stay tuned.