Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Sean's been asking me to learn to read & write. He can almost write his own name (however his letters come out sideways), so I started to look for workbooks. We've also started sounding out words for things and having him guess what letters the word uses to spell it. He's pretty good. He's really a sponge and soaks up all information and remembers everything. I am hoping these workbooks I picked up for him, (Alphabet, Numbers, Shapes, etc..) help him learn to use a pencil to write. I hope to find time this weekend to sit down with him and work in the book.
I did a trial run today for the mini muffins (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip) that I will be making for the Halloween party the boys have on Friday at daycare. I am not sure why I put my name down to make muffins (at 32 weeks pregnant). Why didn't I just put my name down for buying chips? It would have been so much easier. Oh well (though, I'll remember this for the Xmas party in December, as I'll be recovering from a Csection then, as well have a newborn). The test muffins came out great, and they are very yummy. And they are so cute. Too bad they're bite size... makes you want to keep eating them.
Tonight in my sewing class I made this box pouch. (It's currently got my current sock project in it). We used this tutorial, though had to alter it big time, because it's an extremely crappy tutorial. Basically the author of the pattern wrote out a bunch of dimensions and stuff, but then herself, changed up the zipper size, and didn't change the dimensions of the material so if you use the shorter zipper, there is too much material, and if you use the longer zipper, the bag does not come out like a box pouch, more like a long pencil case, which is not what I wanted. Very badly done tutorial, unfortunately. I've tried a few other "free" online tutorials before, but none of them ever came out to the size pouch that I wanted. I guess I will keep searching until I find something I like. I do have to say that I am getting better at using the zipper foot though.
Speaking of sewing, I really have a few things that I have to get done. Where does time go? Really? Slowly starting to feel a bit of anxiety over all the things that I have to do before baby boy's arrival (not including those sewing items). Breathe in... breathe out.
Don't forget that I'm having a contest to win a ton of awesome prizes! If you want to win, just simply leave a comment anywhere on this blog until midnight, Oct 31st, 2010, as I'll be drawing winners on Monday, November 1st, 2010. Good luck!
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- 10.30.10 :: 32 weeks pregnant // 8 months
- 10.28.10 :: 123 weeks // 46 months old
- 10.25.10 :: 199 weeks old
- 10.23.10 :: 31 weeks pregnant
- 10.21.10 :: 122 weeks old & 5 Year Blogaversary!
- 10.18.10 :: 198 weeks old
- 10.17.10 :: 28 months old
- 10.16.10 :: 30 weeks pregnant
- 10.14.10 :: 121 weeks old
- 10.11.10 :: 197 weeks old
- 10.09.10 :: 29 weeks pregnant
- Jessica Z.
- Two Years, No Rain
- 10.07.10 :: 120 weeks old
- 10.04.10 :: 196 weeks old
- 10.02.10 :: 28 weeks pregnant // 7 months
- ▼ October (33)
- ► 2009 (367)
- ► 2008 (366)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)