Friday, February 23, 2007

February 23 of 28

Today I started knitting an adorable raglan pullover called Baby Baseball Tee with Mittens for Sean, from from comedian/actress Tracey Ullman's knitting book, Knit 2 Together. I absolutely am in love with this adorable sweater. I don't think I'll be making the mittens, as Sean has many of these and he'll outgrow the sweater fast I'm sure. The only size the book has for, is 3 months size. Sean's almost in that - so I'm hoping that it'll be a fast knit - and he'll get to wear it soon, and for a bit at least. I'm making it in the same shade of blue, but with white. (And I'm doing it in reverse. Where the yellow is - I'm doing blue, and where the blue is - I'm doing it white). The yarn I've decided to use for it - it TLC's Cotton Plus. It's a worsted weight, 51% Cotton and 49% Acrylic (which I don't feel - so it's okay - I hate the feel of Acrylic yarns - sends chills up my spine!) Anyhow, I'm almost done the back of the sweater, I'll post pictures of my progress tomorrow! I've REALLY been knitting up a storm lately.

This is funny. Check it out here.
Today I knitted & watched the TV show Weeds which Jamie downloaded off the internet. It's a Showtime show going into it's 3rd Season eventually. So I have Seasons 1 & 2 downloaded. It's pretty funny. I also downloaded season 1 of Prison Break - everyone keeps telling me it's good! I guess I will check it out soon, once I'm done watching the last 6 episodes of Season 2 of Weeds.

Nothing much else going on here. Just a lot of knitting! I am so excited to get Sean's sweater done, so he can wear it!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Way to go on the sweater. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Maggie said...

the video is hilarious...although as a "hooker" I'd have to say I'm slightly offended :-P

g-girl said...

ohhhh, I soooooo had wanted to make that sweater for my niece when I saw it but she was already too big for it and I didn't know how many more stitches to add to make a bigger version. now I really can't wait to see yours!!!! oh, I love weeds! :) and I've fixed my links! ;)

lil rose thorn said...

I luv the baseball tee!!! ^_^

halloweenlover said...

Awesome sweater!

Where did you find mittens? I'm desperately looking for some for Gabe!