Friday, February 29, 2008

february twenty-nine: 61 weeks


This morning I had a 10 a.m. appointment to get my hair fixed. AND. I. JUST. LOVE. IT.

I should have gone to my friend in the first place, she totally would have given me what I wanted. I'm loving my new style, and it will be great to maintain. (Jamie thinks it's just a *tad* too short, but he got over it already). And my hair actually has style now!

Sean is 61 weeks old today. And he loves his new Junior Dust Buster. Yes, it actually picks up dirt. He went around our den cleaning the carpets. Which is good, because he usually gets goldfish crumbs all over the den. (Look at my new 'do - isn't it just great??!) (I feel great with it!)

Sean ate a cereal bar in the car (he loves the apple cinnamon one by Heinz). It was all over his face. After finishing the bar, he passed out. He looked so cute, I had to take a picture, of course.

Today while at Winners with my mother, I found this AWESOME On The Go Lounger. I can't begin to tell you how awesome it is. You know how many times this would have come in handy with Sean? So many times we went somewhere and I needed "somewhere" to put him down before he could sit up and be on his own, and didn't want to take the Bumbo or his Bouncer chair with me? (Neither of which were easily transportable!) This On The Go Lounger is absolutely fantastic. It folds up like a camping chair does and goes into the tiny little bag that you can carry on your shoulder! (Holds babies up to 22 lbs). (Basically I'd use it until the baby can sit on his own, and doesn't need to be in a chair anymore). I can't wait for baby boy number 2 to come so that I can use it! (Actually there are a few things that I got for baby boy number 2 that I'm excited to use!)

Today I got up to row 39 of 114 on the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I'm really enjoying knitting it up - and it gives me a tiny break on the Blankie Project. But don't get me wrong, I have many squares to go on the Blankie, and will be picking it up shortly.

Tomorrow is March 1st. March will be the month I start my "Slow Month". I will stop shopping for 1 month. (Food, medical attention/medication, and business expenses are allowed, as well as any regular bills for the month (heat/phone line/electricity, etc). Though, for food, I will NOT be going crazy, and I will absolutely try to use what I have first, before going out to the grocery store. I will be announcing my 1000 post contest tomorrow on my blog as well. So stay tuned for the details. Are you doing a "Slow Month" as well? If you are - let me know - and if you want to - join me in this challenge! This month I will be tackling a bunch of things around the house that need attention (like unpacking the last 3 boxes in my office, and catching up on a few movies on my PVR) instead of shopping! Join me, will you?

Don't forget that March's Sock Club is on sale until the end of the weekend - and Cascade Yarns are on sale until until the end of tonight, February 29th at 20% off. If you missed my post yesterday, I have some great new products up in the shop, in my Notions Section - go on - check it out!

ps- Does anyone have the Fall 2004 Interweave Knits? If so, please let me know!

20 comments:

Drea said...

love the hair! so cute.

Heddy said...

Hi Robyn:

Just wondering if the package made it to you yet? It should be there by now.

Your haircut is cute -- very Kate Holmes-Cruise, with a touch of the sassy ms. Beckham! Very nice look on you!

Take Care

Heddy

Andrea said...

I love your new hair!! It really does look awesome. :) Yeah, it pays to go with people you KNOW who'll do a good job sometimes!

Amanda said...

THERE we go - that's the cut! Looks great on you - and it rocks, doesn't it? So easy to style!!

Amelah said...

Cute hair cut. Sorry i feel bad since i recommended the other girl..she was great for a blow dry! Now you definately look like a soccer mom!

Caroline said...

LOVE the hair!!!

And I do have that magazine.

Bertha said...

The new do looks fantastic!! So cute!

Cynthia F said...

LOVE your new 'do! it suits you very much!!

Wendy said...

I love your new hairstyle:) It looks fab!!

Karine said...

Love the cut, looks more like the Posh Spice do.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Ditto on the hair! You look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You look great in your new cut!!!!

Maggie BB said...

the new hair looks great! :D

Tsuki said...

wow, I thought "Robyn's hair looks fab" before I even read that you changed it!

I have the knt-knacks learn to spin kit, I haven't tried yet, but it's great quality!

halloweenlover said...

I love your hair! And I also love the on the go lounger. I may need to get one too!

Lindsey said...

i love the hair! it looks just fantastic!

g-girl said...

i'm so glad to hear that you got your hair done more to your liking. it looks fantastic! hmm, so we can still buy food? well, then I'll be starting this slow month very soon indeed. I just need to sign up for your April sock kit first. lol!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love your new hair cut! It looks so cute on you!

My nephew used to take a small dust pan and brush and sweep up the kitchen floor (though he'd take the broom out too and try to use it). Once there wasn't anything for him to sweep up so when the rest of us were in the living room, he was in the kitchen and dumped 1/2 box of Cheerios on the floor so he could have something to sweep up! He was about 1 at the time and it was so cute to watch him do this.

Alison said...

1. You look fantastic -- I love your haircut. In fact, I'm hoping I'll have that haircut in about a year.

2. 77 words per minute. :)

Tara said...

That lounger would indeed have been useful for Maxime, as well!