Day Nineteen. Sean napped 3 hours this afternoon allowing me to accomplish a LOT!
This morning was brutal to wake up with an even worse cold. FEH! I think I've gone through 2 kleenex boxes today alone. The nose just won't stop running. It's worse than yesterday. Hopefully today will be the last day of the cold. They usually don't stay too long when I get them. Today would be day two.
This morning we had our 2nd to last music class for this session. After next week, the new session starts (at a later time!) the week after, with this time an older age group, and I'm hoping Sean will not be the only walking one in the class!
I hung out with Sean a bit in the morning upon getting home and then he crawled up on me, curled up and fell asleep. Not sure how long I'd have, I set him in his crib and started to get things accomplished.
Upon Sean falling asleep I got a lot accomplished. First I started out and attempted to make Play Dough from the recipe that Sean's class teacher gave us. I didn't think it mattered that I used whole wheat flour instead of regular, but I'm not sure I made it right, so I will have to bring it to her next week and see what she thinks I may have done wrong? Or maybe I just have to let it sit a day? I'll see how it looks tomorrow. For now, it's sitting in a container (above).
Then on my list from yesterday that I didn't have time, I wanted to bake some easter themed cookies.
All nice and pastel colored cookies just in time for Easter weekend. (I'm positive my husband will be finishing them before the weekend even arrives).
Then it was time to plant the seeds for my garden that needs to be planted 6-8 weeks before the last frost. So today I planted my peppers and tomatoes.
They are now safely in my little greenhouse (I decided to stick with this greenhouse system due to the easiness of it). Maybe if it works out this year, I'll get "more professional" with my seed starting next year. For now, this works for me. (Well, hopefully it'll work out in the end!)
I also planted one pot with chives. I'm planning to do the chives as a windowsill plant, as they grow like weeds if not contained. We'll see how this works out.
Then from ING Direct, I got these two flower kits as part of their RRSP season marketing. I kept them, as I knew I wanted to try it out, so we'll see what happens and what flourishes.
I'm supposed to soak them overnight and then plant them into a little pot with some earth. So that's where I'm at right now. The soaking stage.
Yesterday I started the finishing touches on the playroom (our living room that we have no living room furniture for (since we have a fully furnished den as well as basement with entertainment areas/couches) we didn't need to have a living room that no one would use). What a better idea to turn it into a playroom. When we first moved in though, it was a dumping ground for all our boxes. Well now, there are practically no boxes left, so we now have a playroom!
The only thing that remains odd in the playroom is our old kitchen table (next to the playpen). We're not sure what we want to do with it - but we do not want to throw it out (yet). Right now (until we get a Wall Unit for the playroom for the TV I want to put in there (for Sesame Street and Caillou for the kids), it's housing some DVDs and my Globe. Sean loves his new playroom. It definitely doesn't lack any toys! That's for sure.
Sean gave me about 3 hours today. What a great nap he took and he woke up in a fantastic mood. Now, why can't he nape like this every day? That would be great. I don't think it's asking too much, is it??
This evening I headed into town for the Montreal Knits meeting in NDG. It was so good to get out of the house, even if sick with a cold. I've been on antibiotics since Saturday and was like "I can't get any more sick"... I had a good time being out, met some new people. I also started a new project (didn't feel like seaming the Baby Surprise Jacket tonight, hopefully that'll get done tomorrow and then I'll figure out the button thing on that sweater. (Still can't figure out why there are button holes on both sides?) (Anyone for ideas?) New project details to come.
Day Nineteen. Spent no money. Feels great to not spend any money. I was going to spend money on food tonight at the knitting meetup but they didn't have any salads left - so I was angry that they didn't so I didn't get anything else while there. More than half-way through the month... Only 12 days to go....!
Speaking of 12 days left, you only have 12 days left to purchase an April Sock Club kit - hand painted yarn by Roxanne of Zen Yarn Garden and a super gorgeous (I got the sneak peak just recently) of Michelle of Not An Artist's pattern! Wowzers..... I'm excited!
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- march thirty-one :: 31 days :: the last day :: 26 ...
- march thirty :: 31 days :: day thirty
- march twenty-nine :: 31 days :: day twenty-nine
- march twenty-eight :: 31 days :: day twenty-eight ...
- march twenty-seven :: 31 days :: day twenty-seven
- march twenty-six :: 31 days :: day twenty-six
- march twenty-five :: 31 days :: day twenty-five
- march twenty-four :: 31 days :: day twenty-four ::...
- march twenty-three :: 31 days :: day twenty-three
- march twenty-two :: 31 days :: day twenty-two :: 1...
- march twenty-one :: 31 days :: day twenty-one :: 6...
- march twenty :: 31 days :: day twenty
- march nineteen :: 31 days :: day nineteen
- march eighteen :: 31 days :: day eighteen
- march seventeen :: 31 days :: day seventeen :: 24 ...
- march sixteen :: 31 days :: day sixteen
- march fifteen :: 31 days :: day fifteen
- march fourteen :: 31 days :: day fourteen :: 63 we...
- march thirteen :: 31 days :: day thirteen
- march twelve :: 31 days :: day twelve
- march eleven :: 31 days :: day eleven
- march ten :: 31 days :: day ten :: 23 weeks pregna...
- march nine :: 31 days :: day nine
- march eight :: 31 days :: day eight
- march seven :: 31 days :: day seven :: 62 weeks
- march six :: 31 days :: day six
- march five :: 31 days :: day five
- march four :: 31 days :: day four
- march three :: 31 days :: day three :: 22 weeks pr...
- march two :: 31 days :: day two
- march one :: 31 days :: day one
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)