Tuesday, March 24, 2009

march twenty-four :: 40 weeks old

Mack is 40 weeks old today.

The reason Mack's wearing his Habs jersey today, is because (besides there being a game tonight that he had to wear his jersey during), I took Mack to Walmart today for a photo session in the studio. A friend of mine and her son joined as well. I went an hour before the session to do a return and pick up a few things I needed, but made sure I had enough time before the 11:30 am photo session appointment. We had a lot of fun, and both boys cooperated during their own sessions. (We didn't do the boys together). In the end, I ended up ordering 1 pose as the package (8x10, some 5x7's, some 3.5x5's, some wallets and some mini's) they were offering for 7.99$ and another adorable pose at just 1 sheet with a 5x7 and some wallets. I cannot wait to get the photos. They are just too freakin' adorable. I had taken Sean back in August of 2007 for a photoshoot at Walmart when they had an even cheaper package than the 7.99$ one I got today, and did a "sailor" type shoot. (I never ended up re-doing those shots) I have no idea why I didn't do that Habs one with Sean like I did today with Mack. When I get the photos back (they said two and a half weeks - which seems LONG to me for digital prints), I will definitely show you! Though, Sean's pics were taken at 8 months and about a week old, Mack's were done at just over 9 months old. You can tell the difference with the 2 boys' weights. Sean has a double chin in those photos, and Mack's still a tiny little pisher.

I've got some knitting progress for you! I've finished all the main knitting for Mack's Moss Block Cardigan. For some odd reason I thought that it was a 6 month size sweater, but it's actually 6-12 months size and since Mack's the tiny little pisher that he is, it'll be perfect for this spring! I just need to crack down and finish it. Once it's done blocking, I need to pick up stitches for the button band, and then seam it together. I cannot wait for it to be done. I cannot wait for him to wear it!

Tonight I went to the Habs game with Jamie. I managed to finish sock one tonight of my GO HABS GO SOCKS. It looks awesome let me tell you! We won tonight's game, 6-3 against Atlanta. We needed to win to secure our spot in the playoffs. We're currently in 8th position. We actually need to keep winning. But what an awesome game tonight. It was very enjoyable to go watch!


Unfortunately I do not think I'll get to finish them this season, as tonight was my last set of season tickets. My sister has invited me to her game on April 6th, so I will get to work on sock number 2 that I cast on tonight after finishing sock number 1, (and even kitchener stitching it closed at the game!) but I don't think I'll have enough game time to finish the second sock. If we make the playoffs and I get to go to a game during playoffs, then maybe I'll get the chance to finish them. But I thnik I may be dreaming in technicolor. We may also have one set of tickets (not sure when though) from a supplier, since they were supposed to give Jamie & I tickets for this past Saturday night, and the guy promised he'd make it up to us, but we're not sure if that'll be this season or next. So I guess you'll have to stay tuned to see if I finish these socks this hockey season or next. (I'm only working on them at games. Watching games at home does not count - I have to be in the Bell Center to work on them! It's the rule I set when I casted on!)

4 comments:

Bea said...

Yeah! The sweater is almost ready to go!! Umm...with a little work.

I suspect your socks will have to be finished next season.

Unknown said...

OMG! 40 weeks already?!?!?

Great job on the Habs sock!

g-girl said...

oh, i can't wait to see mack wearing that cardi either! :)

Tara said...

Yeah, somehow I doubt we'll get a pair of Go Habs Go socks this season! :(