Friday, April 03, 2009

april three

This morning Sean woke up at 5:45 am. Not sure what that's all about, usually I'm the one who is waking him up in the morning. I managed to convince him (after changing his diaper) to come lie down in bed with me. He then wanted to watch TV, but I convinced him to keep quiet so that daddy can sleep another hour (Jamie gets up every morning at 7 am to start his day).

This morning after dropping Sean off at daycare I did my usual check-in at the nutritionist. As of this morning I'm now 21 lbs down!! I've passed the 20 lbs mark! Whoot! Only 14 more lbs to go to reach my goal. I can so do it. Though it's taking a bit less willpower now than it did when I started this, but, it's still freakin' hard. Wow. TWENTY ONE POUNDS! I love seeing the scale get lower and lower and lower each week. This week, I've lost 3 lbs from last week. And I've lost a total of 35.2 inches off my body. I pulled out my Robyn's Nest tape measure with my logo on it.... 35 inches is LONG! I feel so good. It's great.

Music was cancelled today as the music girl has the flu, and next week there's no music either as it's Good Friday. Mack misses his music friends. Oh well, it'll resume soon enough!

So today we stayed in and I did some things around the house, including fixing my purse. I got it 2 years ago at Roxham, and the strap used to be über long, but it ripped in 2 places, so I cut the strap, and (below) used a skirt pin and voila, a bag made new again. I tried contacting the girl who made is on numerous occasions and she kept putting me off "later, later, I'm busy".... so screw that, I fixed it temporarily myself. (Until I figure out how to use my sewing machine properly for stuff like this).

I did some dying around the house today, was playing with colors, and dyed up one of my Knit Picks Sock Blanks. I have a colorway name in mind for this one, but I'll share it at a later date. I want to make sure it works before labelling it. Though, I'm not really sure how to wind this into a cake, as it's double stranded, so what I'm afraid of is a tangle. Anyone have any advice from experience with winding from a blank that is double stranded?

I also made myself some Habs stitch markers. I saw something similar online, and since I had the beads at home, I went ahead and made some. I won't be selling them in the shop (to not step on the other girl's toes who does sell them), but if any of my friends want to get some, please let me know, I will do personal requests for sets. Can't wait to find a project to use them for...

Usually on Friday nights my in-laws come over for dinner, but they're über busy with taxes right now (they do people's taxes) and are going to be busy until the end of April pretty much. We will see them for Pesach & at Easter, but other than that.... we'll have to wait until after May 1st. They do taxes in their free time (they both still work at day jobs) and so I cannot request them for babysitting until after tax time is over. But that's okay, we do have other "babysitters". (My sister, my parents, etc!). So far I've never left my kids with anyone but family (except twice with Jamie's best friend and his girlfriend - but Jamie's best friend is like family to him). I really should look into babysitters that are non-family - incase one day I do get stuck and need someone. (Though I do have some friends I know I could count on if I was ever really stuck).

So tonight, I continued playing with yarn & dyes, and I'm all dyed out right now. (Though I'll probably play with some more dyes tomorrow). I think now I'll go hop on the couch and knit some more on my step-mother-in-law's vest, I would like to give it to her on Thursday when I see my in-laws for Pesach.

5 comments:

T of Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Love the stitch markers! Do they come in Canucks?

Karine said...

I'm sure we could come to a mutually acceptable agreement about fixing that bag...

Jenny said...

Great news on the weight loss! That is fantastic progress and I know it is not easy to do when you are so busy with the two kiddos too.

g-girl said...

21 lbs!! fantastic. not very much further to go at all. :) love your quick fix of the strap! and that sock blank you dyed, very nice!

Tara said...

I've never left my kids with non-family babysitters either. Maybe when they're older!