Saturday, November 21, 2009

november twenty-one

This morning I skipped Sean's swim class because of the craft fair going on there. Last year I drove around for 15 minutes trying to find parking and couldn't - so I left. That's how busy it is. So this year, I skipped class. My mom came over late morning to watch both boys so Jamie and I could run quickly to pick up a few things at Costco. Costco takes forever when both kids are with us. I was actually quite impressed on how fast we were in and out of Costco! (And we didn't go in for just one item). I did stop at the library on the way home to pick up a book that I had reserved from another library that I wanted to re-new, as I forgot to pick it up mid-week. It was a zoo there today, as I suspected and as to why I skipped Sean's swim class this morning. No parking. Glad I had Jamie with me so he could double park and let me run in.

This afternoon while Mack napped Sean had his friend Matias' 3rd birthday party.

Matias just turned 3 this past week. Matias is in Sean's daycare (in another class though) and also in Sean's swimming class). I was talking to his mom today and Matias didn't go to swimming class either this morning. Now I don't feel so bad missing out.

At cake time Sean sat with 2 of his friends that are in his class at daycare.
Shayna is 2 days younger than Sean and Jamie only turns 3 in the spring.

This evening we had Jamie's great-aunt's 70th birthday party. I took both boys and we had quite the eventful evening. (Jamie first had Habs tickets, so he went to the game with my brother and then he went to his friend Adam's engagement party). I am a little bit upset that I had to miss the engagement party, but I can't be everywhere. Anyhow, at dinner tonight, Mack was trying to get off his chair and slid and bit his lip, cutting it with his tooth. There was a lot of blood and he'll now have a fat lip for a few days, I'm sure. After we got his bleeding controlled (cleaning it up and icing his lip as well) someone pulled out the high chair that they had there, and he ate the rest of his meal in the high chair. Mack's still a little bit too small/young to be sitting in a normal chair like everyone else. Eventually, but not yet.

This evening after getting home and putting the kids to bed, I've just been taking care of finishing touches on some work I've been doing. I just finished watching the movie My Sister's Keeper. I think because I just finished reading the book Hannah's Gift, and bawling my eyes out, I didn't shed a tear during My Sister's Keeper. I enjoyed the movie though, and I liked the actors they chose for the movie. I enjoy watching movies/tv while I work, it helps pass the time faster.

This evening while we were out, Sean (accidentally) spilled his apple juice in my purse. My pocket camera (my Canon SD1100) is now ruined. Finished. For the garbage. I am so angry, but it's not his fault. It was a complete accident. Now I'm debating, do I get a new pocket camera or do I just use my Nikon D60 full time. It's just that sometimes, a pocket camera is just more convenient to carry. Ugh, decisions, decisions...

I am off to bed, I've got a long day tomorrow and I have to be up early!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

i really want to see my sister's keeper.
Also, before you toss the camera, take out the batteries and memory card and let it dry out completely (i'm talking a day or two). something similar happened to my friends camera, and it still worked after letting it dry out.

Montreal Mama said...

Oh trust me, I let it sit a few days, the lens is stuck out. I am saving the battery and the memory card works in my D60 Nikon, so I'm definitely not chucking out a 4gig card!

But the camera is finished. Besides my degree in photography I used to work in a camera store, I know when camera is finito... unfortunately.

I think I will see if I can replace it. I miss having a pocket camera.

Dawn said...

My son's sippy cup spilled in a bag of yarn once. Boy was that a pain to clean up. Hope you get the camera working again.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

My camera is a bit clunky and large, and I am always debating whether or not to take it everywhere with me. I should get myself a pocket camera too! Genius.

g-girl said...

that sucks about your pocket camera! you could go with a cheaper one? just a thought. poor mack and his fat lip. :(

Bea said...

Sucks about the camera. I have my pick of all sorts of cameras around here but I'm always using the "pocket" one which most people would say is too big for a pocket.

Amelah said...

Wow that sucks, that one didn't last a year?

Sounds like a busy day!

Really, you didn't cry during my sisters keep? I did! It made me think of you, remember as soon as i got home i sent you a message saying that I love you...

Tara said...

I'm just catching up on your blog (being sick = no blog reading!). Did you wind up getting another pocket camera?