Friday, November 19, 2010

11.19.10

teach1

I had started this the other day, but had to go back and re-do it today with a 1.6mm hook, because I didn't like the small hook I was using. It was too small (1.25mm). My ravelry project here has all the details. I find it interesting how the purple of the thread runs right up the middle of the bookmark. I do have a few other colors of this same thread, so I'm debating whether to make each teacher another color or to make them all the same one. Decisions, decisions, decisions...!

teacher1

I really like the way it came out - I still have 4 more to do - Sean has 3 teachers and Mack has 2. I plan to add this to the gifts I am putting together for them for Christmas. They still need to be starch sprayed & ironed, but I will do that once I actually buy the starch spray & they are all finished, so that I can do that all together.

DIYmagnet

I also finished one of these today. I have one more half started. I was going to do it by painting the clothes pins, but got really frustrated after painting just one of them. (It just takes to long as you can't do all the sides or it won't dry nicely, at once, and it was just taking too long for my end of pregnancy patience). I then came up with the idea of using glue and ribbon. I really like the way it came out. (Yes, the clothes pins are on a ruler that I put a magnetic strip on the back). I wanted to clean up the mess of photos and papers on our fridge and thought that this was a really cute idea to do so. Then I saw this Holiday Wreath Tutorial on my blog friend Katheen's blog and totally want to make a non-holiday themed one, as we do get a lot of holiday cards/pictures in the mail this time of the year, but so that I can use it all year round.

The diaper bag that I will take to the hospital is complete. I don't think I need anything else. I've stashed in there newborn diapers (hoping I don't need preemie size like I did for Sean - who at full term (38 weeks) was 5 lbs 5 oz and dropped to 4 lbs 14 oz before leaving the hospital and then 4 lbs 8 oz in his first week). I also stashed in there wipes, diaper cream, nursing pads, dirty diaper bags (that I use), a few soothers. I don't think I need my nursing pump at the hospital. I will also put my nursing cover (that I made) in the diaper bag, must not forget that. (I'm shy when I nurse). I also just recently got a 2nd nursing wrap - for free - I just had to pay the shipping from the USA. Waiting for that in the mail.

Here is another Huggies Enjoy the Ride Rewards point code valued at 5 points: BJRJL-BZZLF-BDPGB. ENJOY!

I can barely keep my eyes open. I think I'm going to crash early for once.

5 comments:

Amelah said...

Awesome job on the book marks! Love the way it looks! The coloring is awesome on them!

Tara said...

Love the bookmarks. What a neat way to add a little something handmade to a gift! Did it take long to, um, hook up?

Dawn said...

Wow, I love the bookmarks...interesting the way the purple runs through the middle.

g-girl said...

what a great idea to make bookmarks for the teachers! :) i'm sure they will love them. glad to hear your'e all packed and ready to go!

Bea said...

Love the bookmarks!