Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11.10.10

barbpouch1

Last week I talked about a pouch I was commissioned to make for Barb. She received it today, so I am finally able to show you what I made for her. I totally loved it, and wanted to keep it for myself. I used this tutorial and totally love it. I did make some modifications to that pattern though, I cut larger squares in the corners than 1"x1.25" to make a taller bag than a short long one.

barbpouch

I also made Barb a tissue cozy that matched the pouch I made her.

Today I had an appointment at the dealership to get my new winter tires and have them installed on my car. While I was waiting, I met a friend next door at a coffee shop to catch up. I met her this summer in my pre-natal aqua class. She's also due with a boy about a week after me. We both went to the same high school for a few years (before I switched) though, she was the grade above me. She's a teacher, (already on leave) and started taking some classes to enjoy her time off. Ironically, one of the classes she started taking, is a knitting one. Yes! Another convert. We're slowly taking over the world... She brought the baby booties and scratch mittens that she has been working on, and I was quite impressed. Hopefully she'll keep up the knitting after her son is born.

When I picked up the boys from daycare today, Mack's teacher mentioned to me that he had slight fever again upon waking up from naptime today. (Slight fever of 101F and change). They said they took it again a little bit later and it had gone down, but was still above normal. When we got home, I took his temperature again, he had none. When I took it again before the boys went to bed this evening, he still had none. Luckily the fever that he apparently had earlier at daycare, wasn't as high as the fever he had on Monday. Let's hope it stays away.

I made some great progress today on Cache Coeur. I will show you my progress update via photo tomorrow. Promise. I should be able to get it done very soon.

7 comments:

Barb said...

LOVE my new bag, it's the perfect size for sock projects :)and thanks for linking the tutprial looks really easy to follow

Maaike said...

Where did you find the pattern for the Cache Coeur? I tried to follow the Rav links and only found the magazine where it was available. I'd love to make one for a friend who is having a baby as it looks like a fun and interesting pattern. Can you let me know where I can buy a copy too?

Kathleen W. said...

I love that bag! Great fabrics too...

Yes, we knitters are taking over. I just started a scarf for my son today, after quite a knitting hiatus. I just couldn't find anything I wanted to knit, other than sweaters that would cost me hundreds of dollars in yarn.

Tara said...

Cute bag! You're really getting good at this sewing thing, aren't you? :)

g-girl said...

Barb's new bag is cute! I love the lil tissue cozy too! Hope Mack's fever has gone away.

kim said...

I really like the bag!!

Amelah said...

Wow, love the bag! It is really nice!

Hopefully the fever stays away! Poor munchkin!