Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Knitting & Baking

wyattupdate

A little update on Wyatt. While I haven't touched it in a few days, (been hectic around here), there has been some progress before then. I'm on the 2nd side of it now, so more than 50% of it is done. I will get it done soon, I'm sure of it. Things should calm down around here soon. (Who am I kidding, calm in a house with 3 sons?!)

bakingapples

Sean helped me bake 3 apple cakes on Friday.
One we kept for our house and 2 we brought to the BBQ we had on Saturday.

oreotrufflepop

I also make Oreo Truffle Cake Pops. I basically altered this recipe for Oreo Truffles, substituting Chocolate Bark for Pastilles that I got at Bulk Barn. I also added in a Wilton lollipop stick and called it an Oreo Cake Pop. I made them for our BBQ we had (with friends) on Saturday. They were a trial run for a party we have upcoming. I wasn't sure about them (as I was up extremely late on Friday night working on them) but they were a HUGE hit. So I'm thinking I might just have to make them again for the other event we have. (Details to follow soon). I have to admit, they were really really tasty. Though, I wish I could find a lollipop stand (like this one) for the next time I need to display Cake Pops. Even Mackenzie, my chocoholic kept coming back to the Cake Pop container and sticking his hand in for more. After the first few times we had to tell him it was enough!

9 comments:

Kerry said...

They sure look yummy! Hope things calm down for you soon. I find the end of the school year to be a total bear but things always settle once we ease into our lazy summer schedule. Gosh I can't wait for the end of the month!

Celia said...

Yum! That looks good.

Tara said...

Ooh, those look great! Putting lollipops and Oreos together is INSPIRED, Robyn :)

Sandra said...

try a block of styrofoam or florists oasis to stick the pops in. You could cover it in netting (fabric would be too hard to puncture), or even tissue paper.

g-girl said...

wow, love the oreo pops. very cool. :)

Amelah said...

Wyatt is looking good! Love the color!

OMG that Oreo thing looks soooooo good, but i am assuming i can't eat it :(

Anonymous said...

Robyn - those looks delicious - I am definitely going to try and make some. Thanks for sharing!

Girl Knits said...

Those oreo cake pops are genius! Especially on the stick. Way to go for the neat idea.

The apple cake recipe sounds delicious, I will have to try to make it.

Nice progress on the sweater, it's coming along nicely.

girl.knits@gmail.com

Dawn said...

Those oreo cake pops look super yummy! Also a great way to have a treat without tons of calories!