Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Blog Party

knitatparkMay2011

I've been getting some knitting done, whenever I can sneak in a row.
The best time during the day is at the park while the boys play in the sandbox.

progressSwyatt

I've made a huge progress on Sean's Wyatt. It's not 50% done.
About to work on the flip side.

Well, it's now June. June marks my birthday month. In honor of my "big" birthday this year, (I'm turning the big 3-0!), I thought I'd throw a huge blog party and give away prizes. How do you like them apples!?

What's up for grabs?

We've got...

- 3 copies of my very own Sock Collection.
- 3 RAKJpatterns crochet patterns by designer Kristi Simpson (winner's choice!) (Facebook link)
- 1 pattern by Jennifer Lori - winner's choice.
- 1 copy of Boheme Mama by Allegra Wermuth.
- 1 copy of I Heart Aran by Tanis Lavallée.
- 1 copy of a SpillyJane pattern, winner's choice.
- 1 copy of a Jane Richmond pattern, winner's choice.
- 1 copy of Gowanus by Alexis Winslow.
- 1 copy of a Ysolda Teague pattern, winner's choice.
- 1 copy of a Fuzzy Mitten pattern, by designer Barbara Prime.
- 1 copy of Vanadium, 1 copy of Exposed & 1 copy of Askew by Lisa Mutch.
- 1 copy of a pattern from Maybe Matilda's etsy shop.
- 1 Subscription to KnitCircus (4 issues) + 2 copies of the current issue out.
- 1 copy of Catherine McKenzie's book Spin.
- 1 copy of Catherine McKenzie's book Arranged.
- 1 copy of Shawn Klomparens' book Two Years No Rain.
- 1 copy of Shawn Klomparens' book Jessica Z.

What do you have to do to win? For the patterns, simply leave comments (on any post) between now & June 15th, 2011 11:59 pm EST, and on my actual birthday, June 16th, I will announce the winners. For the books, you need to go & join this Facebook group: I bet we can make these books best sellers (if you are a Facebook user) but if not, don't sweat it, just simply leave a comment on this post giving me a book recommendation and why you loved that book & why I would like it. If you're on Facebook and have joined the group, please come back to this post and tell me you have done so. If you have done so, and still want to leave me a book title recommendation - please feel free to as well.

So there you have it! The goodies up for grabs to celebrate my 30th birthday. I can't believe my birthday is in 16 days. The past year has flown by super quick. I am still slowly freaking out over the fact that I will be 30. I like the fact that I'll be in my 30's though. 30 sounds so sophisticated. It's all grown up. It's a new decade. My dream was to have 3 kids by 30, and I've successfully achieved that. I will have to set up some new goals, to accomplish before 40. I bet you anything, the next 10 years will fly by just like the last 10 years have. I pretty much remember my 20th birthday like it was yesterday. I thought 20 was so old, compared to my teenage years. I can tell you that I think I look good for 30. I have a great complexion (when not pregnant/hormonal - which is now over thankfully!), I am shedding the baby weight (have lost over 30 lbs since the beginning of the year) and I don't have any grey hairs yet (though, I totally thought I would). I feel great! Here's to turning 30!

Oh... and before I forget, the winner to last week's contest, of a copy of The Key to Taking Pictures Like a Professional Photographer is Mitali Ruths! Congrats! Please email me so I can coordinate with the author of the book to get you the download code for her ebook! Thanks everyone for participating in the contest.

15 comments:

Tara said...

So generous of you to be having a blog party for your birthday :) (and 30 is NOT old! Ugh! lol)

Celia said...

I would love to be entered for a pattern!

Happy 30th birthday to you. It's a great age. I love being in my 30s.

Gabriela said...

Happy 30th! I threw a big party for my 30th because I turned 30 and had just gotten my Master's degree. At first I freaked out but then I embraced it. I'm not really embracing turning 34 on the 18th. Happy Birthday Geminis!!!

Sandra said...

Trust me, 30 is not old (says she who will turn 49 this year). Age is really just a number - something I have been finding out more and more as I age. MY 12 year keeps me young, although my knee sometimes has other ideas...

Maureen said...

You have such fun little contests, Robyn!

Happy birthday in advance!!

g-girl said...

oh you look nowhere near your 30s. the kids help keep you young. :)

window dresser said...

Hi Robyn, Happy Birthday wishes for the 16th!!!
I recommend "The Count of Monte Christo" by Alexandre Dumas. I loved this book when I read a couple of years back. It is one of those books which has everything, romance, adventure, intrigue, mystery. If you love one or all of those things in a book, you are guaranteed to love this one. You may have already read it as this is a classic but if you haven't yet it is a "must" read. Btw, the movie did not do it justice at all. The book is a million times better.

~Jo~ said...

I too, think 30 is an age that sounds grown up, although I still think of myself as a big kid most of the time. ;)

Steph said...

I would highly recommend "The Weight Of Silence" by Heather Gudenkauf. This was a book that I couldn't put down. I got so involved in the story and couldn't wait for the end.

I'd also love to be entered for the other giveaways. Happy Birthday in advance. The big 3-0!!!! Enjoy it!

Steph

Anonymous said...

happy birthday in advance and 30 is not old it is only a number and when you think of it you are only 1 day older than the day before

ruby

dawn said...

Congratulations on your upcoming birthday -- the best is yet to come.

Knit Girl Knit said...

Thanks for having a birthday bash for us Robyn, it's so sweet of you. Happy early 30th, in advance. 30 is a great age! Embrace it.

jacquelyn karp said...

I have found my 30's have been the best years of my life thus far.

Dawn said...

You'll love being 30 ;) It's really not so bad....turning 35 on the other hand boooo!

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

Looks like some fun prizes!