Thursday, June 09, 2011

Craigslist Funnies

I have a few ads on Craigslist for baby items for sale and one is for a baby sling.

I get this response on Monday for it:

Hello,

I am replying to you ad about the baby sling wrap. I have a girlfriend and she is a midget. I was wondering she is about 67 pounds will this hold her? I am for serious, T.

So I replied: This is for babies, not for adults.Sorry.

His response: Ok you have no right to tell me what to use it for. Please tell me if it is possible and I will purchase done deal.

My reply: It's not meant to carry 67 lbs. You can carry up to maybe 25-30 lbs in it. Thank you for your interest though.

I can't believe he even replied. Do people have nothing better to do with their time? It's a BABY SLING! On the BABY + KIDS section of craigslist!

And he replied back again: I will put her on a diet ASAP. when can I pick it up?

At this point I ignored his last email and stopped replying. But got my laugh for the day. I had to share this with you. I have nothing against little people or dwarfs and I don't like to use the word midget, please don't take me wrong on this one. I'm laughing at this person who has nothing better to do with his time not at the fact that he may or may not be dating a midget - as he so called wrote (his words, not mine). The sling is for a newborn up to 25 lbs or so - not an adult who is in a consenting relationship.

7 comments:

Celia said...

Dang! There are some weirdos out there.

kristo said...

Way too funny. I had to read this to my husband, who also found it hilarious. Thanks for sharing. (and yes, somebody obviously has too much time on their hands!)

dearfutureme... said...

HAHA love it! Can she not walk for herself?!

Sandra said...

there are some serious whackadoodles out there...

Yarnhog said...

That canNOT be for real! I'm dying laughing, though. :)

IrishGirl said...

He is SO messing with you. Just don't let him come to your house, lol!

=]
Bren

Girl Knits said...

LMAO!

girl.knits@gmail.com