Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 10 :: Childhood Memory

blankies

Today is day 10 of the 30 Day Photography Challenge, and the challenge is Childhood Memory. I have a memory box that I keep and it has a few items from my childhood, including these 2 blankets. The pink one, my grandmother crochet it for me when I was a baby. As you can see (below is the close-up) the white one is on the floor next to me, and the pink ones in on the top shelf of my dresser, on the left hand side of the shelf. My mom used to use the pink one in the pram to the park and the white was my “blankie”. Funny, the pink panther in the picture, resides in my boys’ room and they play with it!

closeup

4 comments:

Tara said...

Cute! My mother still has the blankie I carried (and chewed holes in!) as a baby :)

g-girl said...

the white blanket is very nice! :) you're lucky that you still have it.

Girl Knits said...

What a beautiful blanket your grandmother made for you. What a cherished memory.

girl.knits@gmail.com

Jess said...

I have this thing about making blankets for my own children to keep and this gives me more inspiration to carry on with this.