Thursday, November 23, 2006

Girl's Night Out

Did you know that.... A Russian woman holds the record for having the most children. Between 1725 and 1765, she was pregnant 27 times and had 69 children.

... my friends... that is crazy. I don't think I'll ever have that many kids. And think about it... that means, at least during most of the pregnancies, she had at least 3 kids at one time!

Today, unlike other days, I was out of bed at at 8:30 am. Jamie came around 8:10 to give my his kiss goodbye, as he was leaving to work... and well, I was up and couldn't get back to sleep. I tried for about 20 minutes, but saw that I was restless, so I got out of bed.

Today, I baked 2 apple cakes (one which I took with me tonight to girl's night) and the other, for the house. (Jamie loves it when I make my apple cake!) The apple cakes took a lot longer than usual to prepare since a) I was making 2 instead of 1 and b) the apples were DARN small... not the nice big MacIntosh that I'm used to. They were weeny. So, it required more of them, and I have this really cool doo-dad that you put the apple on it, turn the handle, and it peels the apple for you. However, the only problem with this is - that the apples were a little too small, so it only got half the apple, and I ended up spending more time using my knife to peel the rest that the thingy missed. OY! But, in the end, my apple cakes came out DELICIOUS!

I watched the movie The Break-Up with Jennifer Aniston. I was going to bring it tonight to girl's night, but my friend's TV is actually broken. Which actually turned out better, because we don't get together often, and it was really nice to talk and catch up. I'll get to girl's night in a moment. The Break-Up started out really cute, but then was just okay in the end. My dad taped it off the satelite dish and I snatched it before my mom could watch it or anyone else would borrow it, and then I'd never see it! I think I was a tad disappointed, but nevertheless, I got a lot of knitting done, so I'm happy.

Jamie's birthday Irish Hiking Scarf is coming along great. I've finished the first ball. From the first ball, I was able to get 32 inches of scarf. I'm hoping that 64 inches will be long enough to keep Jamie's neck warm, but I think it will - so all is good. I didn't want to have to spend another 20$ on another ball of yarn. (It's pricey as it is!) I can't wait to finish the scarf. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, I'll be done.

Anyhow, it was really great to see my friends Vera & Cindy (another Cindy, not the same one that I saw on Monday night). I really enjoy their company, and it was good to hear that Vera has quit smoking! Go her! I hope it sticks! Cindy's trying, but there is a lot going on in her life, that I think for now, the smoking is keeping her calm and level! (Odd, to say that, I know). Cindy had to take off to be home for 10pm, as she had a conference call for work with China (time difference), and Vera and I kept chatting a bit. My apple cake was a huge success! Everoyne loved it. Dinner was a little disappointing though. I was under the impression that Cindy was making the lasagna, but she picked up one of those frozen ones from the store, and to be honest, they are garbage. (There are some good frozen ones out there, but she picked up the cheap kind - and I think it upset my stomach). Had I known, I would have made my own with my homemade sauce. Oh well, next time. Vera though, made a salad and some guacamole - that was fantastic. I need to get her guacamole recipe from her. Oh - it was to die for! I could have eaten just that with the tortilla chips for dinner, really!

Vera and I started talking, and she was telling me that her boyfriend, all he does all day and all night, before work, and after work until he goes to bed (and we're talking about late bed times) is play video games online. She says it's as if she's living there alone, and has a roommate, not a boyfriend of like 5 years. (I'm pretty sure she's been with her boyfriend just as long as I've been with Jamie, if not longer!) She can't believe that he is sooooo glued to the video game. Tv shows they used to watch together... and that he wouldn't miss.... he misses now. They don't do much together anymore, except once in a while go see a movie, which is not really quality time because you're focused on the movie and you can't talk. I didn't know what to tell her. I admit, Jamie spends a lot of time playing on his Xbox, but it's not that obsessive. She doesn't even have dinner with him anymore, she's always eating on her own. He'll eat in front of the computer video game. Jamie and I try to eat dinner together every night, even when he has friends over. (He has his one friend, the mooch, who will come here straight from work, sometimes arriving (like today) before Jamie even gets home from work - I find that annoying) and he'll stay downstairs in front of the tv or will use Jamie's computer while we eat dinner. I have no idea if he ever eats dinner himself, but when I make dinner on nights that he's over, I don't offer him any, because why should I feed another mouth like 2-3 times a week? Jamie's friend the mooch is a whole other story (and the guy has gotten a lot better than he used to be) but still... I constantly feel like I'm feeding another person, and I don't have money to do that! Anyhow, that's another story for another day. I am just GLAD that Jamie is not like my friend's boyfriend (who is still legally married but seperated from his wife for years now, just hasn't gotten around to getting a divorce. I didn't realize he was THAT lazy, until tonight, learning about his video games, and how my friend his upset that she never spends time with her boyfriend anymore. I would not be able to deal. Not really too sure what to say to her either?

34 week pictures coming tomorrow. Not in the mood to photograph them today. I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow night, so I'll take some new shots with some different scenery! Photos of the Irish Hiking Scarf won't be until I'm 100% done the scarf... so hopefully by the end of the weekend, as long as I get enough knititng time in! (Need to wind the 2nd ball into a cake!)

Alright, I'm going to go watch some TV on the couch, I found a comfy position! That makes me happy. I really feel huge now, with a watermelon for a waist. The back pain is getting worse and whenever I sit down I always wonder if I am going to be able to get up (since I can't use my abdominal muscles to lift my upper body anymore, it's hard!) The other day I was worried that I wouldn't get off the toilet, so I squatted to pee instead of sitting, for fear that I wouldn't be able to get up and have no one to help me off! Oh, 6 more weeks... I'm ready!

No comments: