Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Duck Pants. Not Ready To Let Go.

Felt like taking a picture of my belly today. I'm at the 5th day of my 31st week. Thursday marks 8 weeks to go until my "due date" which doesn't really mean the day that Sean will make his appearance into this world.

Please ignore the lovely purple stretch marks all along the bottom of my belly. I'm not very fond of those.

Look what has happened! A small hole - has turned into a HUGE disaster. This picture was taken just before I used my sewing machine to sew it up... I am just NOT ready to let go of these pj pants... They're soooo damn comfortable, and the only pair of PJ pants that are pregnancy comfortable. So as you can see - there will be no funeral for them here... not yet anyhow. But they're on their last leg... that is for sure.

This above picture is the proof that the first tube was only at 75 inches long, and not the 90 inches long, which I thought it was.


Here is a picture of the previous progress of tube #2. I am now done all 90 inches of tube number 1, and I've done OVER 75 inches of the second tube. So, shortly (probably tomorrow), I'll be able to start working on tube number 3.... which will be a solid green just like tube number 1. It'll be nice to work with just 1 yarn at a time again, and I think I am going to do things a little differently for tube number 4, I dont think I'm going to wind both balls together, but seperately, and then use them together. We'll see if this makes a difference with less knotting and aggrevation!

Sean's first baby sweater from mommy is finished, and blocked! There are no buttons on it yet, I have to see where the sweater falls on Sean first, before sewing on the buttons. But the buttons - that won't take me long at all - so I'm not worried.


Today I went through a bag of hand me downs from a friend of mine, and came across these completely adorable NIKE baby sneakers. Of course, for a baby to fit in them, they aren't walking yet, so of course, they are in MINT condition, and the shoes are just for show. After Sean grows out of then, I'm sooooo hanging them on my rear view mirror of my car or something, (just like my parents did with a pair of my shoes once - the car got stolen, so they don't have them anymore), but I have to cherish these, they are so cute I want to cry. (Yeah, hormones!)


Oy, I cant wait to see his little feet in these little shoes. My mom says I have to get a Nike sweatsuit or outfit to go along with them. We'll see about that.

Tonight, the Habs played the Oilers, and we won, 3-2 in a shoot out. It was a very good game, and there were a LOT of fights. It seems that the Habs have been fighting with all Canadian teams that they've been playing recently, more so than the fights with American NHL teams. I'm a huge habs fan, and my secret pal that I am spoiling is from Edmonton, and she's a HUGE Oilers fan, so there was a little tention during the game tonight! So glad that we won though! And now we have a huge break until Saturday night, when we play Toronto... GO HABS GO!

A baby update from Pregnancy Weekly:

So what's your little dove doing all day while you're busy feathering your nest for his or her arrival? Making faces, hiccupping, swallowing, breathing, pedaling with little hands and feet along your uterine wall, and even sucking his or her thumb. In fact, some babies suck their thumbs so vigorously while in the womb that they're born with a callus on their thumb (what a little sucker!).

- As long as he's not making faces at me - then we're all good. Thursday during my 3d Ultrasound I'll get to see if he's been sucking his thumb or not - if he's even going to do it during that 30 minute ultrasound anyhow! LOL. I hope he's not going to be a thumb sucker, and I don't plan on giving him a suss, I don't really like the idea of "shutting up your kid" with a pacifier. Plus - pacifiers make dental work (orthodontic) more expensive later on in life.... apparently, it's proven. So... I don't think I'll be using a pacifier.

Trying to think what else has been going on around here. Went for dinner with my family tonight to celebrate my brother & grandmother's birthdays, and managed to get food all over my shirt. What else is new? My belly prevents me from being able to lean over the table... so, food doesn't always go into mouth, and ends up on my shirt. No preventing this without wearing a bib myself. Yeah - NOT IN PUBLIC!

Tomorrow, I don't expect myself to get up to go to Deep End Aqua (so I'll go Thursday night), but I do have a bunch of things that I want to take care of, before heading out to Prenatal Class from 7-9pm at the local CLSC.

What's the deal with Norovember? Apparently there is a whole bunch of knitters knitting in November with Noro? I have a little bit of Noro (a discontinued yarn actually), and would love to get my hands on some beautiful Noro Silk, or any Noro for that matter. However, I have to stash bust before I spend any more money on yarn, so buying Noro right now isn't a priority, unfortunately... oh well... maybe next time.

I really wanted to order this book; Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping by Judith Levine, and to get free shipping from Chapters, I ordered this book as well: One-Skein Wonders by Judith Durant and A Tale of Two Sisters by Anna Maxted. I received A Tale of Two Sisters today, and I'm hoping that Not Buying It and One-Skein Wonders arrives tomorrow, because I really want to read Not Buying It. The book I was reading, Continuity Girl, is just not catching my attention at the moment, but I do plan on getting back to reading it soon.

Going to go knit and watch Nip/Tuck.

1 comment:

K. said...

Go Habs GO!