Sunday, April 20, 2008

april twenty

Today I spent the day at Ariadne taking a Toe Up/2 Socks on 1 Circular Sock Class with none other than Kate Gilbert. Kate will probably shoot me for posting this picture of her on my blog - but that's okay, she's aware I took it. She had me sitting right next to her, she saved me a comfy seat for my very pregnant self. I had brought a pillow as well, so it wasn't so bad at all. We were a small group of I think 7 or 8 of us. It was really a great group, and I really enjoyed taking the class with the girls that were in the group.


Even lunch was fantastic and very 'gourmet' looking. For example for dessert we had the above plate. Doesn't it look very pretty?


Kate used these massive needles to show us examples of stuff, as well as this i-cord type knitted yarn. It was fabulous. At one point it was on the floor looking very artsy, so I had to take a picture.

The class was a lot of fun, and while all the techniques we learned today wasn't new to me, (some were, some weren't), but I learned a lot, and I hope I'm able to retain what I've learned.

This evening I went to my parents house for Passover, with my mom's side of the family (as well as Jamie's dad & step-mom too!). It was a long/late evening (Sean didn't want to stay confined in his high chair - what a little bugger - but I don't blame him). I wasn't feeling 100% this evening, so I went to lie down for a but in the spare bedroom, wasn't really feeling too good, so it was not that great.

Don't forget that there is only 10 days left to purchase a May Sock Club kit. Get it while it's still available! It's going to be a great kit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are glad you liked it and had a good time!

Tara said...

I know that Sandra (who took the class with you, I think) thought it was a really great workshop, and learned a lot. I don't know if the technique is for me, but it must have been interesting nonetheless!

g-girl said...

how cool that you now know how to knit 2 socks @ once. was it easier than you thought it would be? wow, they even fed you at this class! nice!