Tuesday, March 30, 2010

march thirty

I got a lot of stuff done today. I had a long list of things to do once I got home from taking Sean to daycare, Mack to swimming and then back to daycare to drop off Mack. In swimming today, we got to hang out with Mack’s friend Jeremy (who is 2 months younger than him) and realized that another friend, Emily (whom used to come to Jelly Bean Jess’ music class that I organized last year) was in our class as well. It’s fun to have friends in mom & tot classes. I also learned that the Quarterback for the Montreal Alouettes, Anthony Calvillo, brings his daughter to swimming on Tuesday mornings as well. He’s in Mexico this week, but should be back next week. Jamie wants me to get an autograph. I’m thinking about bringing my Grey Cup hat from when I went to the cup the year before last, to get it signed. The only thing is – the hat that I have, they lost that year on home turf. Though, last year (2009) they won. Oh well. We’ll see if I can get an autograph. It may take me a few weeks to get the courage to ask him.

I spent a good portion of my time this afternoon re-organizing the crawl space in our basement. I was looking for a box that had some clothing in it, as well, it was a huge mess. Don’t you just love knowing where everything is, when it’s nice & tidy? I am really happy that I managed to sort that out, re-organize a bunch of boxes, and clean up in there. I also had some boxes of clothing that Mack has recently outgrown to put into storage. When Sean outgrows his clothing, it goes into a box in Mack’s closet, until he fits into it, but now I have everything under size 24 months / size 2 to store in our crawl space, as Mack has now outgrown everything.

I also managed to hand wash all the fine china that was used last night. There was no way I was putting that into the dishwasher. The china was from our registry when we got married, and is very delicate. Oh, and the never ending laundry – yeah, did a bit of that too, because you know, there was some to be done.

mackrobpesach

Tonight we went to my parents house for the 2nd Passover Seder.

mackiehighchair

Mackie doesn’t leave home without Bunny.

mackmatzah

Mackie kept calling Matzah a cookie. Uhm, not really Mack. Cookies taste WAY better!

momseanpesach

Sean had ants in his pants during the meal and played musical laps.

pesachkitchen

We were a small group tonight in my parents kitchen. We’ve never been only 14 people for a Passover Seder with my mom’s side of the family. A few people were sick or out of town. It was actually quite cozy all of us around my parents (huge) kitchen table. We didn’t even need an extra table added off the main table. It’s always nice to talk to people around the table without having to scream to the other end.

mackiegolfoutfit

I had to show you Mack’s outfit. It’s the cutest thing ever. It’s a 3 piece golf outfit, that he got as a gift for his first birthday. It’s 18 month sized, but it looked a little large, so I kept it for tonight. (He hadn’t worn it yet). I may be able to get him to wear it a few more times before he outgrows it. It’s just too darn cute.

I’m almost done the book I’m currently reading, Holly’s Inbox. I’ve got under 200 pages left, in an almost 700 page book. I’ve been trying to read every night before bed. Most nights I can read numerous pages before my eyes get heavy, and some nights I just can’t read at all. Though, I miss reading so much, so I’ve been trying to do more of it. I just don’t want it to cut into my knitting/crochet time… because that’s precious as it is.

5 comments:

Amelah said...

Felt weird being first passover with any grand parents! Oh well. The boys were cute as always!

Unknown said...

Cute guys! I am not sure what the proper Passover greeting is, so I will say Happy Seder? Hey, do you have an April Calendar for the computer? I loved my March one.

g-girl said...

glad you were able to get all your fine china washed. mack's outfit is adorable! Love the pants! wow, you're almost done with your book?? awesome!

Bea said...

Sounds like a lovely day. I hope you work up the courage. That's something Chris would have to do for himself, because I wouldn't want to bug the guy.

Tara said...

I know what you mean about reading cutting down on knitting time. I feel like I never read anymore since I don't work in the city anymore, commute time used to be reading time!