Mack is 92 weeks old today.
Today I spent the good part of the late morning into the early afternoon rolling meatballs. Lots of meatballs. Can you guess how many I’ve rolled here? If you guess correctly (and you can’t be on my facebook page to respond here, because I leaked the answer there – oops!) Maybe I’ll toss you a prize if you guess correctly! To give you an idea, that’s 8 lbs of meat.
I decided to do a little inventory of some of my knitting stuff, (while cleaning it up) and discovered that I have quite the collection of tape measures. Free ones, clubs I’ve been in, purchased ones, gifts. I love tape measures. Maybe I should start collecting them… fun ones, of course. Here I have 13 of them, but I am sure I probably have one or two missing from this stash. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
I needed something to do so my hands weren’t bored as Sean’s sweater was blocking until today. So last night I worked on some squares for Babette. I love this bright yellow one (which I believe is some Tanis Fiber Arts Fingering Weight). I love these little squares, they are SO much fun to make. The whip up in about 20 minutes (or less) and are so much fun. I can’t wait to find more time to work on this project. They are great (the squares) because it’s a complete portable project. I always have the proper size hook and a few balls of leftover colors in a little project bag in my purse. Can’t go wrong!
I went out for coffee with some friends tonight, to an old dive I used to go to. It was nice for a change of scenery and to get out of the house. I brought along Sean’s Sweater, which has been removed off the blocking boards. (To the person who left the comment on my blog about the foam boards, I got them for 1$ a piece at my local dollar store – not expensive at all!) Though, I know you can get sets (with letters & numbers and even plain ones too – at either a local Walmart, Michaels (where I bought the alphabet ones in Sean’s room). I was able to do the neck ribbing to attach the sweater together and bind off. I ripped back my bind off as I didn’t like it, and just re-finished the bind-off in another way, because I wanted it to stretch more, and I wasn’t happy with the first method I tried. Now to just sew on the sleeves, seam & weave in all the ends… I can get it done!