Monday, April 05, 2010

04.05.10 :: 170 weeks old

170wksS
Sean is 170 weeks old today.
These days he asks me “are we taking our picture today?”
I.love.it.

Sean must have realized today that he has nipples on his chest. He’s never questioned them before. He asked me if he could have the doctor take them away. I told him that it wasn’t possible, and that daddy has them too, as does Mackie. He didn’t question if I had them… as I am not ready to talk to him yet about why girls are different than boys. So not ready yet. He’s only 3. Smart for 3, but still only 3.

Today was a little bit of a long day, as the boys were restless in the house. They both didn’t have daycare today, and I stayed home with them. After running around all weekend and keeping busy, I decided to keep them in today. Plus, they were calling for rain (though it did never rain – that I saw).

I realized today that it’s super hard to give both kids a bath at the same time. I much prefer doing it when Jamie’s home, and each of us take care of one child. It took a lot of talent to do them both at the same time, but I managed to wing it for today. Next time, I’ll wait until Jamie gets home from work to give them both a bath (at the same time).

babettemore

I’ve been knocking out a lot of squares for babette lately. She’s coming along mighty fine. No idea how many squares I currently have right now, I’ll count tomorrow. I really love the decision to make them all solids/semi-solids/tonals. It’s going to look great when I’m done. I can’t wait. Not sure how large I’m going to make the blanket, so we’ll see. Each square is going to be blocked to about 4”x4”. I just need to calculate how large I’d like the blanket to be, before deciding how many squares I’ll need to make it that size.

Tonight I finished reading Holly’s Inbox. Finally. (Almost 700 pages). I really enjoyed it. It should have been a lot faster of a read, but I haven’t had a lot of reading time. I’m actually trying to make more time to read in my life. Because I love to read. I recommend this book if you like to read chick lit – because that’s exactly what this book is. It was as if I was peaking in on her emails, and reading what was going on in her inbox – which was kind of fun. I’d read books before that had email dialogue in them – but never the entire book in email style. That was a lot of fun. I recently learned that Holly Denham is a pen name for the guy who wrote the book, Bull Surie. I had no idea that it was a male who wrote the book, until I was already into it. I would have never have guessed. I picked up this book on sale at a book store in Florida that was closing. I had not heard of it before, and liked what I read on the back. It was definitely worth the sale price, but I’m not sure (even though I enjoyed reading it) that I would have paid full price to read it. Now… what to read next? So many books to choose from… (so little time!)

Happy Birthday Bea! I can’t wait to meet her soon. This year I actually get to hand deliver her birthday gift. (A lot more fun than mailing it!!) She’s going to be meeting me at the airport in Vancouver when I fly down to stay with Cynthia, and I’m finally having that Craft/Knitting/Girls week that I have been thinking/dreaming about for months. It’s going to be a great week, and I’m very excited to be sharing it with both Bea & Cynthia. We’re going to be doing a lot of sightseeing/crafting/thrifting/knitting/crocheting/quilting… you name it. Cynthia’s already emailed me the tentative itinerary (we left it in Cyn’s hands, since it’s her hometown) and I can’t wait for the trip to happen already. I definitely need a change of scenery for a bit, and this trip is going to be just what the doctor ordered. A little R&R mixed in with a little hustle of the city. (I love Vancouver). This trip can’t come soon enough. Really. Vancouver, I hope you’re ready for me. I’m ready to come!

4 comments:

Cynthia F said...

We are going to be busy busy!! Then crafting at night- woot! So excited to meet you & Bea!!

g-girl said...

congrats on finishing holly's inbox! really, a guy wrote that book? interesting. :) not like it really would have mattered i'm sure. sean noticed he had nipples huh? cute. :)

Bea said...

Thanks!! I love your babette squares. I think your blanket is going to be awesome. Congrats on finally finishing the book. I cannot wait for Vancouver. I am so freaking exciting to get there already!!

Tara said...

You're in Vancouver now, baby! Hope you're having a blast :)