Monday, April 26, 2010

04.26.10 :: 173 weeks old

Sean is 173 weeks old today. Since he’s in Montreal and I’m in Vancouver, I’ll take a weekly photo with him when I get home. Boy do I miss him. I’ve spoken to him a couple of times on the phone since I’ve been in Vancouver, but it’s not the same. I miss him, I miss Jamie, I miss my bed, I miss my things. I am having a great time, don’t get me wrong. Though, I do miss things about home and the people who are in my home.

dodgecaravan
Although I miss my car at home, I am loving this dodge caravan that we rented. The stow-n-go is awesome and it’s just spacious. I swore I’d never drive a mini van ever again (it was the first car I drove as my mom had one many moons ago), but I see myself already thinking about what color & what features I’d love to get one in/with. This car ran smoothly and numerous times between Vancouver and Mission before it required a fill-up.

habsflaginvan

This morning on our way to Urban Yarns in Vancouver (on West 10th Street), I saw across the street from the LYS, a HABS flag on the building across the street. I couldn’t believe it. GO HABS GO! (They played tonight and won!)

kimrobyn
At Urban Yarns, not only did I get to meet the wonderful Kim Werker, whom met us there, but I got to meet Anina, who is my knit friend Christine’s sister-in-law. They’re working on moving their shop this week a few doors down, and I got a sneak peak at the new location.

kimsignbook
Kim is the ex-editor of Interweave Crochet Magazine (the sister magazine to Interweave Knits). She also has a couple of books out. She’s a really awesome person.

kimsauto
I got her to autograph my new copy of Crochet Me.

wittykim

Kim autographing!

jerichobeach

After Urban Yarns, we headed to Jericho Beach.

jerichomack
Mack had fun on the beach, and I collected some sea shells at the sea shore.
(Try saying that 10 times fast).

granvillebridge

After Jericho Beach, our next stop was Granville Island.

mackandduck
Mack got to talk to some birds.
He had entire conversations with them.

granvilleisland

We did some sightseeing.

mackierobyngranville

Took some photos.

mackasleepatmarket
Had a nap while in the Market.

We picked up some gifts and checked out Maiwa, a surprise yarn shop at the market!

After we were done at the market, we dropped off Cynthia at the bus stop that she had to go to, and headed into Richmond. Tonight Bea & I stayed at my husband’s dad’s best friend Tammi’s house, which is located not even 10 minutes from the airport. We wanted to be close to the airport as we both are flying home tomorrow, my flight being at 10 am, and to drive from Mission to Richmond tomorrow morning we’d have to get up super early and still get stuck in traffic. We didn’t want to take any chances, so we stayed closer to where we had to be.

kidspicnicbench
Tammi had her son come over for dinner tonight with his wife & their 2 kids. Their daughter is almost 2 months older than Sean and their son is 2 months younger than Mack. Mack played really well with them tonight. It was so nice for them to come over to see us.

kidsatpiano

The kids had fun playing piano.

bearobyn

Bea & I tonight just before we headed up to bed.

What an awesome day & what an awesome trip.
It’s really been amazingly incredible.
I got to meet some really awesome cool people whom
I’ve been talking to online for what seems like forever.
I got to see new places & spend time with Mackenzie.

4 comments:

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Excellent pictures!!

g-girl said...

i'm sure you were just as missed as you missed everyone else. :) that is cool that you met a former editor of interweave crochet and got her autograph. :) love the pics from granville island! it seems as though you have had the best time possible on your first (of many?) trips to BC. :)

Kerry said...

I've been driving minivans for the past 14 years and have to say that as long as Chrysler keeps coming building them the way they do that I'll probably be driving them for another 14 years. I love the innovation and the prices here in the states are incredible. We have a 2008 Town & Country and I love it!!! It's loaded so we have all the gizmos and gadgets that were out at the time and it's so spacious. We've never been at a loss for space and we have extra kids and sporting equipment alot. Mine is black with silver trim and I think she's pretty sporty. And she's got a big engine with LOTS of power. Who says minivans are boring? LOL

Tara said...

I'm thinking minivan is probably a good idea at this point, don't you? :)