Monday, May 25, 2009

may twenty-five

Mack got up at at 6:45 am this morning, and then I woke up Sean at 7:15 am for daycare. (If Sean doesn't get up by latest 7:30 am, there won't be enough time between wake up and nap time at daycare, and when he doesn't nap at daycare he's a disaster.

This morning I went to the nutritionist and I'm down 29.8 lbs! Whoot! Feeling great, and I can't believe I'm so close to 30 lbs weight loss! I'm .2 lbs away! Then, only 5 more lbs to go for my goal of 35 lbs! I can so do this before my birthday!

After the nutritionist I did some errands. I picked up 3 pots for the backyard so that I can plant 3 more pepper plants (as I didn't want them to to go waste) and some little windowsill pots for planting basil & parsley. I want to try indoor planting them, and see how that goes.

I also picked up a new alarm clock (blue & silver one) as my trusty orange one (that I've had for years, since before moving out of my parents house, before even I met Jamie!) and the battery area on the bottom, the door is broken and Sean has played with it way too many times, that it's just not holding together anymore. I've tried taping the bottom to keep the batteries in, etc, but it was just time for a new alarm clock. Hopefully this new Timex one will not let me down!

I also got these (above & below) super cute floor mats for our 2 upstairs bathrooms. The grey one is for my ensuite bathroom, and the brown one is in the kids bathroom in the hallway. Aren't they super cute?

After our errands, we came home and Mack took a nap. I got a lot of work done during his nap, which is always good. I made myself a huge yummy salad for lunch, and got to work.

I also looked into maybe getting some SWS from WoolTyme in Kingston, as Ruby had an order that was shipping to her soon from there, but they do not have any SWS. I called the Wool Shop in Pointe-Claire, they have EVERY color but the one I need in stock. (The yarn is discontinued). I had a friend in the USA who's mom lives near me and is visiting her over the weekend check to see if they had any in her local Michaels. None. So, as a last resort (but I do have some leftovers coming from someone on Ravelry in the mail - though I'm not sure how far I'll get with those leftovers), I ended up having my ex-boyfriend's mother (whom I still talk to because she's crafty herself) order me a skein in with her order from Joann's, since she was placing an order and having it shipped to her friend's place in the USA. She said she'd let me know when she got it in her posession. Between this extra ball, and the leftovers, I definitly should have more than enough.

My mother came over this afternoon and took Mack out for a bit so I could do some more work without any distractions. She had some errands to run, so she took him with her. I ran some errands again, for the 2nd time today, and did a postal run, as well as get some groceries, picked up some top soil (earth) and picked up the Spring issue of Simply Knitting. I'm going to have to re-evaluate how badly I want this magazine. The price went up to 16.38$ with tax. That's expensive per issue! I know it's an imported magazine, but still!

I got myself all ready for a bike ride. I put my helmet on. Don't I just look sexy in my helmet?

And pulled my bike out of the garage, buggy and all.

Look - I even have trunk space in the buggy - how cool is that?

And then my mother dropped off Mack after their errands, and I put him in the buggy to go pick up Sean from daycare. Mack wasn't too impressed with the helmet at all. He struggled for the entire bike ride to figure out how to get it off his head.

And we picked up Sean!

What a work out that was! Oh my! My body is soooooo sore. I hope I won't be in pain tomorrow, but I definitely used muscles that I haven't used in years probably. I cannot tell you the last time I used my bike. (The one above, I've had probably close to 13 years (since I was about 15 or so). Still in great working condition too!

Sean wants to go to the park, so we stopped off at home to pick up the sand toy bag (which apparently has a bat in it too), and we walked across the street to the park that is infront of our house. We stayed for a bit until Jamie got home from work.

My baby blue eyes!

Mackie & Me

After dinner, we went outside to check out how the garden was doing, and we discovered a Boston Lettuce all dug up....

Seeing this peanut... makes me wonder who the culprit is...... those damn squirrels, I'm sure! Since the roots are still in tact, I re-planted it, and we'll see how it does.

This evening for dinner Jamie made steaks on the BBQ and he grilled up some zucchini. Jamie is not a fan of zucchini, so I got the 3 of them to myself. (And they weren't exactly tiny) Oh my, I can eat grilled zucchini all summer long, every night for lunch & dinner - I swear. It's super filling, and healthy! I love love love zucchini.

This evening I folded laundry (there was about 4 baskets worth to fold) and watched the premiere of the new season of Jon & Kate Plus Eight. I wanted to see what the whole hoopla was all about. So... what do you think? Do you think they'll work out their marriage, or do you think they'll get divorced??

3 comments:

Bea said...

Love teh floor mats and your new biking setup. I've often wondered if I can hook one of those to the back of my bike and haul around bulldogs.

Tara said...

Good for you, getting on the bike to pick up Sean from daycare! Keep it up, you won't regret it :)

g-girl said...

i really love your new floor mats!! you are ambitious to have gone on a bike rid hauling those two boys of yours! :) I'm sure it's a great work out. oh no..squirrels in your garden?? :P as for jon & kate..part of me thinks they're not going to make it. those poor kids!