Tuesday, May 26, 2009

may twenty-six :: 49 weeks old

Mack is 49 weeks old today.

This morning I biked to daycare to drop off Sean, and then I'm not sure how I made it to Mack's music class by bike. I was beat up by half way between Sean's daycare and the music class. It was quite the workout - but I'm glad that I did it. I felt great afterwards, just not during. I do plan on keeping up this biking routine - as it's very good exercise. It's just about an 8-10 minute bike ride to daycare (takes about 20 minutes to walk to daycare) and back.

After music this morning Mack & I biked over to my parents house and we put Mack in the stroller to go for a walk. My mom needed to walk Bosco (her Great Dane) and I wanted more exercise. Mack didn't make it to the end of the walk, he was out cold. The walk was about 45 minutes long. My mom has a few routes she does with the dog, today was the longest route that she does on nice days.

After the walk I managed to get Mack into the buggy and biked home. I got him into his crib and he took a nice long nap (which shocked me for the length of it - but I'm so not complaining). I didn't realize I had a 2 hour season finale of Ugly Betty on my PVR so I started to watch that and ended up falling asleep on the couch. I was woken up by Canada Post, with some packages. One of them was for my grandmother, something I ordered for her on ebay. The other, was my Swap on a Budget Package. I didn't end up opening the box for the swap until this evening, I had forgotten about it in my hallway (I went back onto the couch when I was done at the door) and so I will photograph the lovely loot I got from Arlene & Roving1 tomorrow and post pictures then.

When Mack got up he had a bottle in Sean's Caillou chair. (I guess what happens in the chair while Sean's in daycare will be mine & Mack's little secret?) I'll have to get a 2nd chair for Mack, for his birthday. (The other day Mack was in Sean's chair and Sean pushed him out of it - as it is Sean's chair). I'll add that to his wish list for his birthday. I'm sure some family member will want to know what to get him for his birthday (and lately, I just don't know what to tell them, because he has way more than enough clothes and he has way more than enough toys). I can't even tell people which books to get Mack because Sean has quite the collection. I have to see what Sean has and then maybe add a gift certificate to Chapters/Coles on Mack's birthday wishlist so I can take Mack to Chapters or Coles after his birthday and let him pick out some books that Sean doesn't have for his own library in his bedroom. I have to do a serious inventory of Sean's library first though.

Before going to get Sean from daycare today, Mack & I headed to Costco to pick up a few things. Since I was already in my car, I wasn't going to go home and get the bike and bike to daycare, since I was already out and Mack was already buckled in, etc. Though, it's supposed to rain the rest of the week, so maybe I should have biked again, to get in more biking time. Jamie picked up Marathons Souvlaki on his way home from work and it was delicious. Right now I can eat their chicken brochette and salad while on my diet. I get no dressing on their salad and add my own. It's still very delicious. I cannot wait to be able to eat rice again at dinner, or have a souvlaki in a pita instead of just having a chicken stick. Soon enough I'll be able to. But right now, I still have a few more pounds to lose, and I'm not eating starches after 5/6pm. (Or I'm trying not to anyhow).

This evening after the kids were in bed, Jamie & I watched 2 more episodes of Damages Season 2. There are only 13 episodes, so we should be able to catch up and finish soon. (Or at least we're hoping to). I worked on my Chevron Scarf and by the end of this evening I have a total of 48" done on the scarf. The pattern calls for 77.5 inches long. Hopefully I can finish this scarf soon. After I am done with this scarf, I want to knocked off another few WIPs and get them to be all FO's before starting anything new. It's a must. (Unless it's a work design, those are allowed in between!)

3 comments:

Bea said...

How long until Sean can't sit in that chair?

g-girl said...

yeah, it sounds like you're going to have to get a second chair for mack..

Tara said...

Hah! Kate and I got Mack a GC from Chapters! SCORE!!! I SWEAR I only just read this post. :)