Thursday, June 25, 2009

june twenty-five :: seven years

I got some gifts yesterday while I was in Ottawa:
Madeleine gave me a bottle of white wine that she can't find in Quebec. She picked up a case while we were in Ottawa, and insisted that I have a bottle to try. It's in my fridge now, and I'm saving it for a special occasion or something! Thank you Madeleine!

My stash enhancement from Ottawa:
I picked up a skein of SWS in the Natural Violet Colorway at Yarn Forward. I needed 1 more skein to go with the 1 skein that I still have at home. I can't really do something with 1 skein (80g) so with 2 atleast I could make another scarf or something. I used about a skein and a half to make the Queen Anne's Lace Scarf. I picked up at Wool-Tyme a skein of Misti Alpaca Lace in red. Also at Wool-Tyme I picked up a ball of Berroco Sox Metallic, which I've always wanted to try. And the last thing I picked up at Wool-Tyme was 2 balls (50g each) of Regia Design in the Carribean Landscape color. I already have 2 skeins in the Landscape Fire color and I love the colors. I love that they stripe as well. Both those colors will be stockinette stitch socks for sure. And at Knit-Knackers Warehouse, I picked up 2 skeins (50g each) of Diamond Yarn Foot Loose in a tonal red colorway. I cannot believe that Michael Jackson passed away today. Farrach Fawcett died today as well after a long hard battle with cancer. But Michael Jackson? I was never a Michael Jackson fan, but it's still sad that he passed away. I also learned that Ed McMahon passed away 2 days ago (June 23rd). I used to watch Star Search all the time as a kid! After I dropped off Sean at daycare today, I went for an eyebrow wax. I always feel so much better after getting my eyebrows waxed. It was very interesting getting them done with Mack there. I had to hold him - as I couldn't put him down in the room, in fear that he would touch everything. I go to someone who works out of her basement, so I couldn't exactly go with my stroller. He was very fascinated in what she was doing. I miss the days when I was able to put him down on the floor and he wouldn't move. Today I worked from home. I had a yummy salad for lunch from lettuce from my garden. Eventually the full salad will be from my garden, but the cucumbers and the tomatoes are not ready yet. I did a postal run today as well as checking out what Omer deSerres has. I have had a gift certificate from Melanie in my wallet for a while now, and I wanted to stock up on some beading supplies. Thank you Melanie for the very generous gift certificate. I also got a really nice picture frame. Before picking up Sean from daycare I did some groceries. It's scorching hot out today, and really disgusting. I really am not a fan of the extreme heat or extreme cold. (I like the middle ground!) We barbecued some souvlaki tonight as well as some zucchinis. We will soon start seeing a lot of zukes in the garden - I cannot wait. We also tried for the first time grilling onions on the BBQ. Oh, delicious! I'm a huge onion eater - bring on the heart burn (which is rare for me to get heart burn!) I hung out with Jamie this evening - today marks being together 7 years. I cannot believe it's been that long - feels like a lot longer though! It's not our wedding anniversary (that's in September) but our "dating" anniversary. We agreed we'd do something special when we've been together 10 years (of dating), but we really only celebrate wedding anniversaries since marrying. (We will be married 4 years this September). We chilled on the couch, watched some Gene Simmons Family Jewels (We love Gene!) and I worked on Ishbel. I also worked a bit on the design I'm currently working on - have not been neglecting that one at all.

6 comments:

Bea said...

Excellent stash enhancement. Love the orange of course.

Jenn said...

Congrats on 7 years. It's 7 for us this September! I have to agreee, it does feel like forever. :-)
Here's to a lifetime more!!!

sandrajager said...

ACK! I wish I'd known you were going to be in Ottawa - I was there on both the 25th and 26th of June. Stash enhancement on both days, of course. I think I hit all the same stores you did. So you're the one who bought the red Misti Alpaca Lace....there wasn't any left on Friday when I was at Wool-Tyme. I ended up with a hand-dyed teal and brown.

Congrats on 7 years. Just wait - it'll be 27 years before you know it, like DH and me.

Knit Girl said...

Nice stash enhancement!

Congrats on 7 years! Here's to at least 77 more!

Tara said...

I remember taking Emilie with me for a waxing. She was a bit grossed out, actually, and wanted to make absolutely certain that SHE wouldn't be getting any hair removed! Too funny.

g-girl said...

i love the red skeins you picked up! this day was a weird day with the passing of michael jackson AND farrah fawcett. congrats on seven years of being together. :)