Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Pillow Fight

Baby-sitting last night was a lot of fun. I actually had a good time, so that's good. I got there around 7:15pm. After the parents left, the kids ate dinner, and then we watched a little of the hockey game, because that's what Lucas wanted to do. (He's 8 years old). And then we put in the movie Kicking & Screaming with Will Farrell. Very cute for kids. It's a soccer movie about a father and son competing against each other. I enjoyed it, as I love kids movies as well.
During the movie, I had brought my sewing kit with me, so I fixed my pink jacket, which most of the buttons had fallen off of. I also fixed my black sweater, a favourite one that had a hole by the neckline. I still need to fix the pockets in my black jacket and sew Jamie's pj pants, but otherwise, it's all good, and my sewing is getting accomplished.

After the movie, we had a pillow fight, which was a TON of fun. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Anyhow, it was a lot of fun, and we were playfully throwing pillows around, there was no actual hitting involved, thank goodness. I was worn out by the end of that game!

After the pillow fight they insisted on playing hide and seek, so I'd count with one kid while the other hid, and since I kind of realize what direction they were going to go hide, I took the kid I was counting with to a complete opposite area of the house, to make the game last longer. I counted with each kid once, while the other kid hid, and that was the end of that game.

After hide and seek we watched the movie Lion King 1.5 while I worked on 2 necklaces my grandmother gave me to fix for her. I wanted to give them to her tonight at dinner as she's leaving Tuesday for Florida for 7 and a half weeks, and wanted to get them to her before she left. It didn't take me much time to do what she wanted me to. So, I was pretty happy about that. Another thing accomplished.

The kids went to bed pretty late, around 11:30pm, but Vanessa their 4 year old had napped for a couple of hours before I got there, so she was wide awake all evening. My parents best friends got home at about midnight, and I got paid pretty well for the time I was there. I ended up spending an extra hour there, talking with my parents best friends, it was kind of nice. Terri, sure knows how to yap for hours, so it was almost as if she didn't want to let me go home!

Today I slept in a bit, and this afternoon Jamie & I watched the movie Two For the Money with Al Pacino and Matthew McConaughey. I enjoyed it, a sport betting movie. Jamie thought it was just okay, but then again he thinks ALL MOVIES are Just Okay. Lol.

Yesterday at the gym, I discovered a new favourite cardio machine, which allows me to read while using it (the other cardio machine I use makes me bounce around too much, that reading is very shaky. Not good). Anyhow, so this new machine, that I never noticed before, gives me half an hour of reading time. I like it! I have been lacking in reading time lately, and this way I get to kill 2 birds with one stone, by working out and reading at the same time.

My dad called me to ask me if a cousin from Brazil, that he not even sure who she is, or how old she is, or if she speaks English, but she's coming to Canada in February (which is like Wednesday - so who knows when in February), to Toronto for 2 weeks for some course, and then she's spending 5 days in Montreal. A cousin that I do know, asked if she could stay at my house. Thanks for imposing, I don't know the details, but I don't want someone who's like 50 years old staying at my house, and that I'd have to entertain. If it's someone who is liek 25 or 30, then that's a whole other story... but I still do have school and maybe even a job (if it works out) so who knows what's with that story. I guess I will find out.

Ok, I'm going to go shower, I have to be at dinner with my parents and grandparents at 6:30pm. I want to have enough time to do my hair!

No comments: