Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Husband Is Creative!

I slept in again today, but that's because I stayed up late watching the movie Siblings. I had only started the movie after midnight at some point - so I didn't get to bed until after 2 am. I had a 2 or 2 and a half hour nap this afternoon, so that caused me to not be able to sleep at bed time. Siblings was not bad, but not fantastic either. I think it is a Canadian film.

After getting up, I did a few things here and there - organized the linen closet in the hallway - I figured out a way to fold the towels in there so that it doesn't take up so much room, and it worked! I have so much more space for things in there now, and I got rid of a ton of things that were just not supposed to be in the linen closet and have no idea how they ended up there in the first place.

I still have a lot of cleaning to do in my office, bedroom, etc... I just took a lazy day if you ask me. After finishing the baby blanket I was working on yesterday, I finished the pink and brown scarf that I was also working on. So from the 3 WIP's I had going on - I have 1 left - the afghan that I started with my grandmother's stash of yarn. I will photograph everything tomorrow - it's getting late now, and I'm starting to get tired. I still have to hide the ends from the colour changes in the scarf, before actually photographing it - but the actual scarf itself is done, and I love it.

Jamie was doing A LOT of banging this afternoon and I couldn't figure out what he was doing, so I went downstairs to see him banging nails into our wall and hanging this wooden display thing, that came with our house. We are not really too sure what it is for, but we think it may have been to go over the fireplace. We decided to keep it in our garage, but not use it right away, until we figured out what we wanted to do with it. Well, Jamie decided that he wanted to use it to diplay his million Star Wars figures from Revenge of the Sith. It actually looks pretty good, and fit perfectly on the section of the wall that he wanted it to go on. It's right on the wall as soon as you walk down the stairst to the basement. I am very disappointed that I had to use flash to take the picture, as I can't stand flash on close up items, as you can see, the flash is very prominent in the image, but I didn't have a choice - the light that is on the ceiling, if turned on, gives a glare on every single one of the boxes - by turning off the main light, there isn't enough light to photograph it - so I had to use flash. I used my on camera flash - but maybe if I play around with my flash unit and bounce the flash off the ceiling, it may work out best. Not tonight, no patience to play around with my flash, plus I don't think my batteries are charged for my flash unit. Maybe I'll play around with getting a better shot of this new masterpiece in my basement another time. For now, I will leave it at "My husband did something creative today - I am very impressed with what he came up with and the resources he used to do it!" (Before the figurines were sitting on top of our TV walunet in our basement, and well - no one could really see any of them, as you could only see the front row - of the ones on display).



After dinner Jamie & I watched the hockey game, the Montreal Canadiens were playing the San Jose Sharks. Tonight's game was really interesting seeing as though the GM Bob Gainey fired coach Claude Julien this morning (in my opinion it was about time), and so Bob Gainey will be taking over with Guy Carboneau until the end of the season and next season Guy Carboneau will be coach. Tonight's game - we were on fire. First period ended, we were down 0-1. Second period, we fired off 6 goals to end the period at 6-1. Third period I don't know what happened, but Jose Theodore let in one more goal and we still won the game at 6-2. I have NOT seen a game like this in a long time. Especially 6 goals in one period! CRAZY. I can't believe my mom missed this game - I think she'll be upset.

After the game, we decided on watching a movie which turned out to be very crappy but we watched it anyhow. It was the Dukes of Hazzard. First, Jessica Simpson calls that acting? She wears practically NOTHING the entire movie, and just shakes her ass. No wonder she split up from Nick. That was very skanky of her. Second, the movie was just plain shit. Crap. Garbage. Any other ways to say it? I definitely DO NOT recommend it. No way.

During the hockey game and the movie I worked on the afghan that I started with my gradmother's yarn. I have a hunch that it is going to take me a LONG TIME to finish this afghan. What a huge project a big afghan. Baby afghans are no problem at all - so easy to start and finish... but for someone 5 feet and over... well, that's a project in itself!

I think I'm going to grab another movie to watch and crawl into bed with my crochet... Goodnight.

No comments: