Sunday, January 27, 2008

january twenty-seven

Sherrie left early this morning to head back home, and we got up and started our day. I had a lot of things to take care of this morning, which Sean let me do for a bit, and then when he got restless, my father came to pick him up so that I could finish some work and then head on downtown for the Downtown Montreal Knits Meet Up. I hadn't been to a downtown meeting in forever. Probably not since before Sean was even conceived. Yeah, it's been a while. It's been a while since I've actually been downtown for that matter (besides hockey games). It was great to get out of the house, and knit for a bit. I worked on Sean's blankie. It's coming along great. I parked right in front of this beautiful statue today. I immediately thought of Sean when I saw it and the bond between mother & child. What a beautiful piece this is.


On my way home, this was the beautiful sun that was setting. I was happy that I had my camera on me. This evening I went out for dinner with my family, and then came home, bathed Sean and put him to bed. I spoke to Jamie for a few minutes on the phone - I really miss him. I can't wait to see him tomorrow night. However, tonight, I'll be enjoying 1 more night alone in our bed. Sprawled out. Not having to stick to "my side" of the bed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sharing the bed with Jamie - but it's also nice to have it to yourself once & a while!

I wanted to see how many squares I will actually need for a "perfect square" for Sean's blankie. Originally I thought it was going ot be 8 squares times 8 rows, but that doesn't work out. Every other row is only 7 squares. In the end, I do plan on making the blankie exactly square by knitting black triangles between the mitered squares. Looks like it'll be 83 squares. So I have a lot of knitting left to do. I think I'm at just over 40 squares now... I'll count tomorrow. I know I've done about 3 squares this weekend - so I'll take pictures tomorrow. However, I have about 4-5 squares to photograph.... since my last photographing of the blankie.

I did finish my book last night. Stay tuned for a review of The Booster by Jennifer Solow. I will sit down in a few days to write a review. I also need to post my 10 "You Make My Day" Awards - as I've been gifted with 2 more awards for a total of 3 of them! If you tagged me also - please let me know, I don't always notice these things! Though, I'm totally not expecting any more of these. I've so far received from Tsuki (Hayley), Emily & Not an Artist (Michelle). Thank you so much ladies, I'm glad you enjoy reading my daily posts. I love blogging at the end of the day, it helps me go to bed at night with a clear mind.

Another reminder that there is ONLY a few more days left (until Thursday!) to purchase a February Sock Club kit. They are going to be awesome, with a few extra little surprises. Tammy of Faerie Fibers on Etsy is dying up the yarn & designing the pattern. Get it while you still can. For the next two kits - they are themed for some up coming holidays - it's going to be great! I can't wait for them to arrive in stock - so order them now while you can!

5 comments:

Tara said...

I SO wanted to go to knitting at Cafe Castel yesterday! But with Maxime still really sick, I couldn't leave Phil with both kids all afternoon. :(

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

It's so nice you have knitting groups there like that....

I can't wait to see the updated photo of the blanket. I have tons of sock yarn in girly colours so if this little one is a girl I might have to make one too (Rhiannon has tons of nice blankets, new baby, not so much!).

Rach said...

I'm very excited about this blanket for some reason...

Bea said...

Love that statue. What I've seen of the blanket is coming along really well. Sounds like its moving along too!

I've nominated you for an award! Go see my blog (its todays post).

Cheers,
Bea

g-girl said...

gorgeous statue! well, you're nearly halfway there with the blankie!