Saturday, May 17, 2008

may seventeen


Found these beautiful flowers on the tree on the side of my house today. Didn't notice them until today. Neither did Jamie. I'm no expert, so I'm going to ask - does anyone know if this is a lilac tree? Or is it another type of flower?

I also captured this beautiful photograph of a pink tulip that has blossomed in front of my house. I just LOVE the shade of pink that it is. I just love it. It's just beautiful.

Sean drew with chalk today and played with his grandmother in the backyard while I worked in my garden. He had a blast, as he just LOVES to be outside. Picking up chalk to have in the house seems to be a fantastic idea. I'm glad I have that one box that we opened of jumbo chalk plus some more stashed away for later.

I got about half my garden done today. I believe the correct measurements of my garden are about 6ft x 25 ft. (I'll measure soon and let you know, I'm curious). But I recall the gardener who helped me prepare it, mentioned something about 25 ft, and I know for a fact that it's 6 ft in the smaller direction because that was measured for another reason. The rest of the gardening will get done tomorrow.

Sean's 72 week photo. We took it this evening at Jamie's step-sister's house. I love mirrors in other people's bathrooms! LOL. I always find interesting self-portraits emerge in other people's houses! This picture was taken in her den ensuite powder room.

And since I LOVE her bathroom mirror in the main bathroom in the house, I had fun taking some self-portraits. Here's 32 weeks 5 days. Don't you just love the bathroom mirror frame?

I finished weaving in the ends last night to the iPod cozy. We have a finished object. I love the way this stripes!

Specs:
Pattern: My Own (Ravelry link) (Picot Edge, Stockinette body)
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Lightweight Lucy
0.09 of the skein = 32.4 yards (29.6m) = 12g
Needles: 2.75mm/US2
Timeline: Tuesday, May 13th - Friday, May 16th, 2008


I love how "clean" the picot edge looks on the inside of the cozy. If done properly, it looks fabulous, and then you don't have to sew it in later (some people sew it later, but I worked it into the pattern right at the beginning). It's genius, if you ask me. I'll definitely be doing other things with picot edging later on! You'll see! Now I just need to figure out if I want to put a snap or something to keep it sealed when in my bag. But now, I can toss my iPod freely into my purse and not have to worry about it getting scratched or whatnot.


Later afternoon it started to drizzle. I took this opportunity, since we were going out, to put Sean in his rain coat and matching hat. I just love the set, it is just too cute on him. And this photo that I snapped on our front steps of our house, I just love it. I love the stones on the outside of our house. It just makes a beautiful photograph. I think I want to blow up this image in a print and frame it. It's one of my new fave photos. Gosh, I love this kid.

ps- Happy first birthday Jakob!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Sean in his raincoat! And the flowers are gorgeous (but no clue on what the plants are).

Bea said...

I love his rain gear!!

Tara said...

The "bucket-o-chalk" is a definite must in the mother-of-a-toddler's arsenal!

P.M said...

yup those are lilacs! They are my favorite spring time smell! Your garden/backyard looks great so far!

g-girl said...

cute cozy! and the picot edging is so fun to do! that is yet another great shot of sean. I love the stones too. :)