My in-laws brought me back some ginger bread from The Grasmere Gingerbread Shop. Mmmm. There are only 2 pieces left from the 6. Mmmm.
My Central Air (A/C) is busted again. This time, we need to replace the entire unit. (We'll be suing the old owner of the house, since we were unable to inspect the unit upon buying the house as it was winter and the heat was on), and they told us it was working. So while Jamie helped my sister move today I took the boys to my parents house to swim.
Since Mack will be starting swimming lessons the weekend of September 20th, I decided to take him in and introduce him to the pool. I don't have a swimmer yet that fits him, but this medium sized one (pulled tight) does the trick for now. Maybe I won't have to get another one.
At first he freaked out, but then was okay the entire time he was in the water. He was too cute.
We are not sure what is going on with our early calwonder (green) peppers. This one wasn't growing any more and was getting to be a little mushy, and the stem was breaking off the plant. I don't know if we're going to get any this year. We think we may have planted it in the wrong spot.
There is a lovely basket of tomatoes going to a certain family member of mine. I just need to wrap it, and bring it to family dinner tomorrow night.
Don't you love it when you are surfing Ravelry, find a ton of patterns you want to make, and then realize YOU DO own the mag? I got super excited after almost buying it again on ebay. LOL. So, I desperately need to clean up and do an inventory (on ravelry) of what I own in books and magazines. I don't need to buy something I already own! (I've already done that with this book). I want to make this, this, this, and this from the magazine I apparently do own! I need more hours in the day, more days in the week and more months in the year. So much to knit, so little time....
This evening I chilled over at my parents house since Jamie played hockey with my brother. They invited me to stay for dinner after swimming. Came home, put Sean to bed, just fed Mack and now I'm just chilling out watching Monk. Tomorrow I get an antique dresser.... more about that tomorrow, I'm SUPER excited.
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- august thirty-one
- august thirty
- august twenty-nine :: 87 weeks old
- august twenty-eight :: 20 months old
- august twenty-seven
- august twenty-six :: 10 weeks
- august twenty-five
- august twenty-four
- august twenty-three
- august twenty-two :: 86 weeks old
- august twenty-first
- august twenty
- august nineteen :: 9 weeks old
- august eighteen
- august seventeen :: 2 months old
- august sixteen
- august fifteen :: 85 weeks old
- august fourteen
- august thirteen :: single sock swap
- august twelve :: 8 weeks old
- august eleven
- august ten
- august nine
- august eight :: 84 weeks old
- august seven
- august six
- august five :: 7 weeks
- august four :: one year later
- august three
- august two
- august one :: 83 weeks old
- ▼ August (31)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)