Sunday, August 03, 2008

august three

So, it's super hot in my house and I don't want to be here. It feels like the Arizona desert and I'm shvitzing (yep, gotta throw in some Yiddish!) like you wouldn't believe. I hate the heat. That's why I bought a house with Central Air. And now it's not working. (And it was supposed to be fixed back in May when it wasn't working the first time). I'm calling the same company first thing tomorrow morning, and they're soooo coming! I can't take this! I'm also not allowing any other day but tomorrow as an answer for them to come. I'll die if they can only give me an appointment on let's say Thursday. It's the middle of summer and I have a newborn in the house who is shvitzing as well. See, Sean even is in just a onesie it's soo darn hot:

Sean decided he wanted to walk around the kitchen island over and over again in my (new) shoes.

He is so funny. I'm so going to show these pictures to his future bride one day. He'll probably kill me for it, but I don't care, he's super cute. I'm surprised he had balance in my wedges!

Today's pickings from my garden. Don't they look delicious? In about a week we should have a TON of fresh tomatoes to eat, even the big ones! These sweetie tomatoes (cherry tomatoes) just taste so darn good freshly picked off the plant!

Today I got a lot of cleaning done in my office. We put Sean down for a nap mid afternoon, Jamie's ball game got canceled but his friend was heading to the field anyhow (it was canceled last minute) so his friend came over and they hung out, and of course to clean my office I had to make it an even bigger mess, right? So it's a damn pigsty in there, but Jamie's on vacation all week, so I'll get to clean it slowly when I have time, and hopefully by the end of his vacation I'll finally finish cleaning it! It's a work in progress, but it's been a dumping zone since Mack's birth.

Must:
- find keys that I misplaced.
- find where I put my SIN card.
- find my 2nd copy of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac.
- upload pictures to Flickr (I'm really behind).
- decide what pictures to print (there's a .10¢ print sale going on at a lab near me).
- fold and put away laundry.
- wrap Oli's 2nd birthday gift before party next weekend.
- knit.
- read.
- call A/C repair guy first thing Monday morning.
- clean office (Seems to be ongoing!).

Don't forget tomorrow is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY with Robyn's Nest! 20% off everything in store for 48 hours only! Come on over and celebrate!

3 comments:

Myownigloo said...

If you do show your future DIL these pics, she'll have a right to complain about her mishpocheh.

You are quite a tolerant mom to risk damage to such gorgeous shoes!

Amelah said...

AHAH Sean is hilarious! I miss him - did not get to see him this week end :(

Like the shoes, they are totally you!

Hope your AC gets fixed FAST - i have been in the new house, painting, long hours with no AC!!! So I totally get you!

g-girl said...

at least sean was in a onesie! lol. poor kid--you're gonna show his future wife pics of him walking around in your wedges?? haha. the tomatoes look great. cute dish! hope the ac is working correctly now.