Saturday, October 25, 2008

october twenty-five :: 10 Year High School Reunion

Today's Earrings. Same as these, just in black.

I finally blocked my Mini-Clapotis. It's inspired me to make a full size one finally. (Though I must finish some deadlines first..... I've got too much on my plate right now).

I love that you can wear it like this too. Just love it. Now, what yarn do I use to make a full sized clap?? Decisions, decisions, decisions.....!

This afternoon we bought a treadmill at Costco. Getting it home was an entire other story (thanks to the help of my dad and my mom's SUV). (Getting it home in the pouring rain again was a completely other story all together!) And now we need two guys (friends of Jamie's) to come over and help us bring it into the basement. It's quite the massive beast. I can't wait to start using it. It'll hopefully keep me exercising in the winter!

This evening I had my 10 Year High School reunion. Self-portrait in the girls washroom. (Still as nasty as ever in there! Some things never change!)

We were 31 students that showed up for the event, plus dates. Jamie came with me for about an hour and a half, and then I let him leave for his hockey game that he plays on Saturday nights (nice wife I am!) but it was great to catch up with old friends and see how some people still look the exact same way they did 10 years ago! A few teachers did show up too - no one that I really had as a teacher though, so I didn't really talk to them. A few faces that I'm shocked didn't show up - but maybe they'll attend a 20 or 25 year reunion. Holy crap - I'll have teenagers at a 25 year reunion! That is insane. There are some faces that I talked to that are super nice now - but I was NEVER friends with in high school. It's amazing how people change! Some people went out afterwards to a bar, but I had to head home and relieve my parents of babysitting duties. Though, I wish I could have gone out with them. That would have been nice! Maybe next reunion, when my kids are old enough to stay home by themselves....! (At a 20 year reunion, Sean will almost be 12, but at a 25 year reunion, Sean will be almost 17.... and probably with a drivers permit!)

Have you seen this? The Kindle - Oprah's new fave product? I want one!

15 comments:

Bea said...

I'm so happy you had a good time!

Bea said...

PS. I'm not impressed with the kindle but then I'm rather fond of the smell of printed paper and physical act of turning pages.

Unknown said...

I want the kindle too!

How fun to have your 10 year reunion! I missed mine because I was pregnant with Gabe and it cost too much to fly to California just for the reunion. Next time!

Candy said...

Hi! Thanks for joining my blog swap at swap-bot :-) and for visiting my blog! I just love what you have done with the place! I love the photoshoot with your baby.... too cute. I have just recently gotten back into photography after a long hiatus. What kind of camera do you use?

Hugs,
Candy

Robyn said...

I love that you show pictures of all your earrings, clever!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your mini clapotis looks fabulous! I've really got to get around to making one of those myself...

Sounds like you had a great time at your high school reunion. I didn't go to my 10 year reunion, and these last couple of years they've had informal ones (21 and 22 years). And, if I go to Australia next summer to finish my teaching practicum, I won't be able to attend if they have one then. Oh well, maybe the year after that, lol.

Anonymous said...

SO glad you had a great time at your reuinion. I sadly missed both my 10 and 20 year - hopefully the next one.

I want a Kindle too - can you imagine having all your books at your fingertips, knitting and non?

Amelah said...

awesome for having fun!! :)
wow, Sean 17 ??? OMG! I cant picture it!! U look good in those pics!

Amanda said...

So fun - I never thought in a million years that I'd enjoy my reunion, but I went anyway and had a great time. We didn't have ours at the school - we had it a bar. Woot!

I have a Kindle - I've had it for 6 months now and I just love it. It's kinda funny, because the price has gone up...not sure if it's because of the Oprah thing or not. I've always hated having piles and shelves of books I've read once, and I read quickly, so buying books is almost wasteful financially. Our library isn't great, either. The Kindle was a great compromise - now I have 5-6 books with me at any given time. It really is the BEST. :)

pahkcah02 said...

Glad that you had fun at your reunion. Mine is coming up in November.

Anonymous said...

The clapotis looks great on you, that's a great color for you!

g-girl said...

the mini-clap looks great! how many people were in your graduating class?

Anonymous said...

Catching up on my blog reading...sorry for posting after-the-fact - LOVE the clapotis - I agree that the colour is really superb on you.
KTE

Jenny said...

Oh, I remember my 10 yr reunion. It was interesting to see all the people that looked exactly the same and then see the ones that look completely different (read-bald!)

I was looking at the kindle too. A girl I work with says that she tested both the kindle and the sony e-reader and likes the sony way better, but it is much more expensive and doesn't have the wifi.

That mini clap is adorable! I am just getting started on my full size one, but the progress is slow since I am also working on a sweater for Chloe and another school class. But hopefully I can have it done by January!

Tara said...

The colour of your mini-clap really suits you.

There were 21 students in my class when I graduated high school, so we don't do X-year reunions, we all tend to get together for the school's anniversary. I missed the 25 year one (15 years since I graduated) in 2007, because I'd just had Maxime a few weeks before. I'll definitely attend the 30-year reunion if they have one, though!