Wednesday, October 29, 2008

october twenty-nine

Today's earrings.

Here is where I store most of my earrings.
I got them on ebay a while back, from Australia. They rock.
The pieces slide out from the box. Each holds 90 pairs of earrings.

Sean loves to look out the window in the morning while I get ready for the day. These days, he's obsessed with puppets or even his wash cloths that are animals. He's got the duck on his hand and the dog's on the floor.

This morning I had Aqua-Strollers with Mack. I had to kick my arse out the door to go. Lack of motivation in this cold weather. It's currently 1 degrees in Montreal. Feh! Then after Aqua, I headed to the movies with my mother and we saw Nights in Rhodanthe with Diane Lane and Richard Gere. Richard Gere is still very sexy! It was a romantic film, I cried, it felt good! I recommend this movie if you are looking for a good tear jerker romatic movie.

This evening we had a West Island Knits meeting. We had a great time, I got a lot of knitting done on Tesserae, and Mack was in good spirits and even napped for a bit during the meeting. We were 8 of us, I always have a great time with this bunch.

Our treadmill was put together this evening... I cannot wait to start using it. The next couple of days are hectic, but I hope to make some time to use it! I just learned that we got this as a gift, which was really nice. We were told to hand over the bill, and it will be taken care of.

Since it's the end of the month, I can share with you the October Sock Club kit. The yarn was handpainted by Ann-Marie of Chicks with Sticks. The colorway is called Salt Water Taffy.

And the pattern called Ziggety Zag was designed by me! I absolutely adore designing. It's way too much fun! There is a pattern on the leg, and then the foot is stockinette stitch until just before the decreases for the toe, the last 21 or so rows are a diamon pattern on the top of the foot.

I love designing. Look for more patterns by me in the future! I have an entire sketch book filled with ideas now! It's just too much fun!

There are just a few more days to pick up the November Sock Club kit. Get your hands on it while quantities last. I'm not sure if the future holds more Ultimate kits so this may be your once in a lifetime chance! There's also only a few spots left! And if you don't want the Ultimate, there's the mini-kit as well!

ps- We're on day three (Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday) that Sean has had his milk in a sippy cup at home. I think I'm going to go cold turkey with the bottle and only give it to him in the same sippy cup that he gets at school. I have to do something to get him off the bottle. He's already 22 months old, and his doc doesn't want him to go any longer than 24 months old on the bottle. It really is about time though.

pps - I think I've decided to knit cowls for Sean's daycare teachers. I have 2 patterns in mind, I just need to figure out what their fave colors are. I'm going to see if I can ask them nonshalantly.

12 comments:

Amelah said...

congrats about Sean & the sippy cup! YEAH!!!! Go Sean! He is too cute looking out the window!

Love the earring holder! Have loved it since i first saw it!

Love the pattern and the October sock Club color way!!! Not JUST because it has blue in it ;) Altho that is a def perk! Heehe! My sister the designer ;)

Drea said...

WOW now thats a lot of earrings!!

Lynn said...

Great pattern. Do you think you might sell the pattern only at a later date?

If you pre-school is large enough to have several classes, you could call the director and ask her what colors Sean's teachers' coats are. This would give you some guidance to picking colors.

Lynn

Cynthia F said...

wow that's a cool pattern!!
I can't wait to get my ultimate kit- woot!
love the earrings and the holder- how cool!!

Anonymous said...

I so want to join your sock club.

Unknown said...

Cowls are a perfect teacher gift! They'll love em!

Tara said...

Holy crap! You weren't kidding, you really DO heart earrings!

Happy Halloween!

Bea said...

Cute socks!

Jenny Girl said...

Wow! Congrats on the design. And you sure do have a lot of earrings. My goodness.
congrats on the treadmill too. Walking just takes away your worries.

Craftlover said...

Oh I love your ear rings holder, it's really cool ,and very neat. :)

you really love earrings! hahaha

Dawn said...

Good luck with the milk in sippy cup. I'm too much of a wuss to go cold turkey with my son. I hope it works.

g-girl said...

what patterns do you have in mind for the cowls? that's so cool that the treadmill was a gift! :) I need something like that for myself too!