Thursday, October 02, 2008

october two

Today's earrings. Notice something around my neck?

I received in the mail my logo on a pendant from Jesse Jane's Etsy shop. She also sent me (on the right) another yarn logo that she sells. Her pendants (on scrabble letters) are too freaking cute. I love it.

While out with Angela today, I found this awesome picture frame. I love nifty things like this, so I couldn't resist. Isn't it awesome?

Back view of the neat frame!

While shopping I also came across this! World Monopoly with MONTREAL as Boardwalk! I'm so asking for this game for Xmas/Chanukah this year. How cool is that?

Some garden updates:

I may be able to get 2 more zucchinis out of the garden this year. There are two more growing. Let's hope they grow fast! I wouldn't mind it!

Today's picking loot consisted of this above. There is one more (possibly 2 more) cucumbers in the garden, I hope they grow grow grow!

My pumpkin! The bottom is completely orange and the top is just about fully orange. I'm going to wait another week or two before pulling it from the vine. It's very exciting. I hope to make pumpkin pie when we carve it for Halloween!

I got an awesome package from my Falling For Ewe swap pal today. Thank you so much! Here's the loot that I received:


Awesome earrings!

2 kids patterns!

Knit Fast, Die Young by Mary Kruger. I'm not usually into mysteries, but this one looks interesting and it includes a subject I like - yarn! Also, a very cute sweater keychain. I had one in another color and it fell off my keychain. Happy that I have a new one now. If I like it, I may pick up Died in the Wool.

Some gum (my fave) and a sheel nail file! How cute!

And some yummy delicious chocolates. MMMmmm!

Thank you pal! I love everything!

Tonight I went knitting with West Island Knits. We were 8 people strong tonight with one little Mack. I worked on the Moss Block Cardigan by Jenn and had a great time chatting it up with everyone.

I've added some new patterns to the Robyn's Nest pattern library. I now sell Dream in Color Designs Sleepwalker Socks and Sweet Dream Socks by Monica Nappe. In honor of these new patterns, I've listed my Dream in Color Smooshy on sale for the release of these patterns in my shop!

I've also stocked the shop with the Dream in Color Shrug Pattern by Kay Dahlquist. It calls for Dream in Color Classy which is on its way to me now. I've ordered a ton of colors and I can't wait to announce it's arrival in a few days. Stay tuned here for the yarn!

Very sad to learn that I'm all caught up on Monk and the 2nd half of the 7th season won't return until January. Why are they doing that to us?

Today when I dropped off Sean at daycare, he did the crying dance again. But, when I went to pick him up from daycare today, and peaked in, he was jumping around with his friends, laughing. I think it will get better sooner rather than later.... crossing my fingers.

12 comments:

Bea said...

Great swap package and such a cute necklace.

Jennifer Lori said...

Nice loot! I think you should mix it up and wear a KNIT earring with a PURL one!

P.S. I just finished reading both knitting mystery books, they are very cute and fast to read. The one you have is the second, but it doesn't spoil anything from the first if you read it first.

Amelah said...

Love the pendant! Love all the yarn and goodies!!!!

Glad things are giong better with Sean! YEAH!

Craftlover said...

wow, I love the pendant!I did order something like that before too. It's cute. :)
And I really love it.
However, I didn't wear any ear rings, or necklace for a while, because Erika loves to pull all these things from me.. So, it's kind of dangerous though. :P

I love the goodies you've got from the swap too. I am still waiting for mine...

Jennifer said...

great pumpkin!!! ours all rotted :(

LizzieK8 said...

I just finished those two books, too. The first one was the best, IMO with the second one just a variation of the first.

However, I did enjoy them and would give a third one a try. They are the best of the knitting mystery genre I've read so far.

Unknown said...

The garden is looking good! And I love that she was able to make your logo into a pendant. Very cool!

No worries about catching up on my blog, there hasn't been a lot going on around these parts.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it. I've already started on the second one :)

Karley said...

hey where did you find the monopoly world? we have been looking for it!!

Barbara deG said...

HI Knit & Purl Mama,
You are in my Friends (and to tell the truth I totally forget how I friended you) - decided to check out your blog and came across the Secret Swap stuff! Awesome - I will have to try this next time they are open. I am envious:)
Barbara (bdegar on Ravelry)

g-girl said...

love the necklaces. they are so cute! what a great swap package you received! wow, look at your pumpkin!!

Tara said...

I can't believe you're still going strong with the gardening! I think I lost interest in August, and all my cucumbers and zucchinis died. Whoopsee!

Love the pendant, very nice. I hope you'll be wearing it at Rhinebeck!