Thursday, October 16, 2008

october sixteen

This is going to be drive by posting....! A lot to still do tonight before going to bed. I've got to get up really early (before the roosters) tomorrow, as we're leaving for Rhinebeck!

Here is the loot from the other night from the Knitting Guild. My fave part - the Twist Collective tape measure. It's too bad the little bits of samples aren't enough for a square on the blanket project. Oh well.


Today's earrings. But for some reason, I feel like I may have worn these already during this photo project of shooting my earrings? Hmph!

Have you ever had this happen to you? Diet Coke explosion? Holy crap! What a mess....! I've never had this happen to me before. I'm baffled to be honest. Not sure how the can split down the side the way it did!


Mr. Mack wouldn't let go of my ball winder.... he's such a funny little guy. He's starting to grasp onto things, though he's not into toys yet. Though, he likes rings/links. So I've attached some to his car seat. He's also in the mist of trying to figure out how to flip over. He hasn't successfully done it yet, but soon, I'm sure. He's got to figure out how to put his one arm that he keeps getting stuck on, and then he'll get it!

I got a lot done today, I'm very happy with the list of to do that is just getting shorter and shorter and shorter! Phew! I missed a yarn delivery for the shop this morning while out running an errand, so I'll get that on Monday when I return from the USA. I'll keep ya wondering all weekend long what I have coming to the shop! I'm evil, I know.

The deadline to enter my contest (3 yr blogaversary contest) is Sunday night, October 19th, 2008. (I'm returning home either Sunday night or Monday from the trip, so that's why I'm ending it then). I'll announce the winners on the 21st, (Tuesday) which is my actual Blogaversary! Wow, I can't believe I've been blogging daily since then. (Except for the few days I was in the hospital giving birth to each boy!) That's the only blog break I've taken.

A huge thank you for an early gift from my Booty Swap pal! Thank you Shan for getting me the Waffles duo bundle pattern! I can't wait to knit it up for the boys!

The hotel we're staying at has Wifi, so you'll catch me around this weekend! Jamie's super excited to have a weekend to himself! He better enjoy it - kid free! Now... how do I get a vacation from the boys - even for just a few hours!? LOL. I love them to pieces, but sometimes a mom just need a break!

Hope to see you at Rhinebeck!

12 comments:

illahee said...

oh wow, is that diet coke frozen?? that's really bizarre! have fun this weekend!

sheep#100 said...

Enjoy the weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I've had that happen to us with soda cans in our fridge in the garage...a random one or two out of the whole bunch will freeze then the pressure of the liquid expanding when it freezes causes the can to split. It is NOT fun to clean up!

Have a great time at Rheinbeck!

p.s. I deliberately gave a lowball answer for the # of photos you'd take 'cus I know you...You'll probably actually take something closer to 555 photos. :)

Anonymous said...

I love my Bumbo! Mack looks so cute (and he's a yarnie already!).

And, I second the, I love you, but I want a few hours alone :)

Anonymous said...

I've had worse...milk explosion. I don't know how the split of the can happened...unless it was a week spot, but what happens in our fridge is the following:

If, for some reason, the doors are help open for a while, say, buy a teenager looking for a snack, then when shut, the fridge tries to cool down quickly. And the items in the back may freeze. I've had frozen veggies in my bins (the ones at the back of the bin) and frozen eggs (the ones at the back of the fridge). And the worst was frozen milk...cause we all know what split milk that is left smells like...

I think that's what happened...back coke froze--split it's can--and left you a mess.

But I know YOU don't have any teens perusing the fridge....

Bea said...

Have fun! Get lots of good loot!

Dawn said...

Looks like your diet coke froze. I had a can split when I put it into the cooler for camping. I think the ice punctured it. Have fun at Rhinebeck. That Mack is growing like a weed, and cute as a button too.

Unknown said...

OK- Sorry, but that coke mess is very funny. (Probably not to you!) It looks like the can threw up.

Amelah said...

Aww Mackie is soo cute!!! I still can;t imagine him at Sean's age!!!

Aww which I could have hung out with you and Madeleine too!! Damn work LOL

Tara said...

OK, I really need a hit of baby smell now! He's just so darned CUTE!

Robyn said...

Ugh! I've actually had worse than that pop mess happen. I accidentally left a glass bottle of tea in the freezer, so not only was there frozen tea everywhere, but broken glass as well.

g-girl said...

weird...your diet coke exploded? that's insane! maybe when the boys are a bit older you'll be able to take your own vacay away from them.