Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cooking Day Successful

Today I started out doing stuff around the house, and realized that I wanted to make meat sauce (my mother-in-law's recipe) and I was missing a few ingredients. So I had to run out to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients. Now I really didn't want to spend any money at all today, but I realized that I had to. If I didn't make the sauce today, I don't have time tomorrow (Lunch with a friend and possibly a party at a friends house at 8pm) and Friday I have stuff going on, and Saturday and Sunday are occupied with family... I'd never get around to making the sauce... So I ran out. I first went to the post office. I mailed all my domestic holiday cards (international and west coast Canada cards were mailed out a few days ago because of the longer and further travel time).

It took me an hour to prepare the 2 pots of sauce. Then 1 hour cooking time while I caught up on some emailing. Then I made noodles for 2 lasagnas - 1 I froze and the other we had part of it for dinner this evening.

Here is all the sauce that the 2 pots made, plenty of room in our bed freezer. It'll be nice to have all these jars of sauce to un-freeze and have with pasta, instead of god awful jar sauce from the grocery store shelf. Nothing compares to homemade meat sauce. Jamie can't go back to eating jarred sauce, not after tasting this! Sorry people, I can't give out the recipe. I was only given it recently, AFTER getting married, as you don't get it, unless you're married to someone in the family!


Tonight I sat in bed and finished the blanket I was working on. I will photograph it tomorrow and post it online. (Too tired now). I watched a few more episodes of Six Feet Under Season 1. 2 more discs to go from 4 discs total. And then seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5. And then I plan on watching Sopranos seasons 1-5 (hope I find time - lol) before March 2006 when Season 6 is on the air! And 26 episodes of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition are sooooo close to being finished downloaded. Almost there! 2 hours left of downloading. Don't know when I'm going to find time to watch all this plus work on my scrapbooking, plus a project that my father wants to me to do for his company, plus some other smaller art projects, plus read.... I must be out of my mind, eh?

None of my marks are yet posted online. What's the school waiting for? AHHH! It's driving me mental not knowing!

No comments: