Saturday, January 20, 2007

Getting Things Accomplished

Last night Sean slept in his crib all night long! It was the first night since bringing home Sean that his mommy & daddy got to sleep alone together! We knew eventually we'd have to break him off the habit of sleeping in our bed, but I do have to admit, I do love sleeping all cuddled up to my little guy. But, I know, that if we don't break this habit now, he'll be 8 years old before we know it, and he'll still be sleeping in the comfort of mommy & daddy's arms.

This afternoon I watched Gene Simmons Family Jewels Marathon, Gene is really funny. What a cool family to live with! Imagine "Kiss" as your dad and a Playboy playmate as your mom?

Today, Sean's been napping in his crib all day. We're trying to get him used to sleeping in his crib for long periods of time. Maybe he just doesn't like the bassinet. That is very possible. However, he's been peeing through all his outfits even in preemie diapers! We're not sure if it's the position that he's laying in (almost on his back, but kinda to the side, and as long as he's NOT on his stomach, we're okay with him being on his side or partly on his side).... whatever keeps him sleeping, right?

This evening, Jamie went to play poker with the boys at a friend's house. So I took a self night, and while Sean was napping, I've been getting things accomplished. Laundry has been getting done (it was overdue to do our laundry - and Sean's laundry got huge since the peeing through outfits every few hours)... and I've been filing paperwork that has been piling up, and taking care of stuff around the house, and organizing even. I wish I could replace this time with knitting, but these are things that needed to get done.

Here is Sean making faces while he sleeps. He also uses his hands while he's dreaming. It's rather cute. Anyhow, I've been trying to document this!

He's just too darn cute!



And, lastly, I leave you with a video of Sean. We always play music when we change his diaper, and when we put him down for a nap, but he's not quite asleep we play music too. Our selections are between Baby Einstein, Raffi, Seseme Street, and a few others. I need to bring up to his room a Sharon, Lois & Bram Cd that I made him, and I just recently downloaded a bunch of Disney Albums from like Aladdin, amongst many other movie soundtracks. I need to get those onto CD-rom though... one of these days when I have time. Anyhow, this video was just after we changed his diaper:

We had fun shaking our sillies out!



7 comments:

Summer said...

Hi Knit Mama, I just want to say that those pictures of your little guy are so adorable. I love how he has his hands. Soo Cute!!!

canadian_mummy_2002 said...

Hi, I am a lurker and also the mother of a 5 yr old girl. This could be common knowledge (not to me) but I was told that you need to point the penis down when putting the diaper on, otherwise it spills out from the top. Also, I found it helped when you adjusted the leak guards on the diaper, the same way you would fix a bathing suit wedgie. Hope that made sense. Your son is adorable.

Carol Browne said...

He's getting big! Cute!

Barb said...

What a sweetie, love the video :)

Lain said...

He is such a little peanut!!!!
xoxoxoxo.
Lain

Jenny said...

Glad to hear that he is doing better sleeping in his crib. I am sure it is an adjustment for them, especially since he is so little.

I just love those sleepy pictures of him with his hands all smushed up. He is too cute!

g-girl said...

oh, the video was so cute!! :) it would've indeed been cute had he yawned during the part raffi said to yawn. :) love the pics too!