Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Doctor's Visit

No photos today. Sorry.

I've been getting a lot of wonderful comments on my blog. Thank you to everyone who comments and stops by to see how Sean's doing. I know you don't care how I'm doing - it's all about the kid - right? LOL.

I don't like leaving comments on other people's blogs in response to comments, because it probably has nothing to do with their post - and well - I just like emailing people back... so... I'm looking for these following people to toss me an email at THIS address, so I can add them to my address book!

-ttulizzy
-Maggie (not my Secret Pal 9 Maggie - but Maggie who is a mommy also -leaving me great breastfeeding advice, etc...) (Blogger doesn't allow me to access your profile, so I have no idea who you are!)

I think that's it.

Now... onto other stuff...

Lil-Rose-Thorn is hosting a swap. It's for Softies. I don't have time to make any at this moment - not with a very newborn who takes up all my time - but you can check it out here, if you are interested!

Today, I decided to order some books. They should be shipped within 24 hours, so we'll see how fast it gets here. I've been eyeing these three Vogue Knitting books for a while now... and finally decided to get them!

-Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary
-Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Two: Cables: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary
-Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Three: Color Knitting: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary

and then with a recommendation from a friend to knit with, I ordered this book as well:

Knitting for Peace: Make the World a Better Place One Stitch at a Time.

I'm addicted to knitting.

I got some knitting done tonight, while watching TV. I tried knitting and pumping at the same time with the electric - didn't work out so well.... I'll have to figure it out better next time.

Today was Sean's very first check-up with his new doctor. (And possibly Jamie & I will go see her as well, she's a family practitioner. She seems very nice (and young too) her diploma on her wall is from May 2001. 5 years in the business, almost 6... she can't be that bad, can she?

Sean got weighed.... and I didn't even guess right! (No one who left comments got his weight correctly!) He's been eating like a champ, and on an average, he's been gaining almost 40 grams per day, since his last weigh in.

January 10th he weighed 2390 grams.
Today, he weighed in at 2860 grams.

2860 grams is 6.3 lbs - which is almost 6 lbs and 5 ozs. (2860 grams divided by 454 grams (which is 1 lb), is 6.3 lbs. Jamie estimated that the .3 is about 5 ozs.

So, I'm sooo happy that Sean is way more than his birth weight now, and doing well! Everything else checked out good, and he even peed on the check-up table. (His doctor says she usually gets peed on, so today she's happy it was the table, not her!)

Sean goes back in one month's time for some routine shots. That should be very interesting, and since Jamie has to work that day, my mom is going to come with me to that appointment.

That was our big outing today. Oh, and on our way home from the doctor's office we stopped to pick up a mouse trap, our tenants apparently saw a mouse in her kitchen. We ONCE had a field mouse in our house, click here for that story & the proud cat who caught it. Anyhow, we're giving it til Thursday, for the mouse to go on the trap, and then we'll decide what to do from there. It's things like this - that makes me hate being a landlord, but then things like getting rent on time that make me like being a landlord. I hope this mouse doesn't make it's way into my place... however, I'm sure Zeus wouldn't mind another catch under his belt. I wonder if I should sent Zeus upstairs for a day to try and catch it... he'd like that, I'm sure!

7 comments:

Creative Genius? said...

Way to make that good breast milk mama!!! See Sean is just fine!!

Maggie said...

so strange that you can't access my profile. my site is www.yaddayaddablogblog.blogspot.com

hooray for Sean on his weight gain!!!

Carrie said...

Yay for Sean! It sounds like he's doing great. Knitting and pumping at the same time? That's very talented! HeeHee. And I would send Zeus to the tenants house. My cat was always up for a hunting experience =) I'm glad things are going better!

Drea said...

Yippie! he grew hehe

Anonymous said...

Hi- Just found your blog. Happy new baby! Great news that he is eating well and gaining weight.
Enjoy your new vogue stitch dictionaries, they are on my list too.

Barb said...

Go Sean Go!! I tagged you if you want too do it check out my blog :)

g-girl said...

that's great that sean has put on some weight. :) oooh, you're getting all those knitting books? I have stitchionary 2 but want the other ones as well. let me know about the knitting for peace one. it's the only one of all the ones you're getting I haven't looked through. I've heard good things about it too!