Thursday, October 11, 2007

41 Weeks

Sean decided the other day that he was taking over my father's company (since my dad was out of town) and decided that he needed to sit in the CEO's chair! My sister snapped the photo and emailed it to my dad. Too cute for words!

Sean is 41 weeks old today. He's such a big boy now. He's not interested in puree anymore (I have a ton of jars that I'll return because they're still closed and he's not interted in "mush" anymore).

I finally finished - ON TIME - actually - JUST in the knick of time - my father-in-law's hat & scarf set. (I worked on it all day today). I LOVE the finished results... so very happy with it. Here are some photos - the details will follow at the end of this post.



Above is how it looks like unrolled. You do 4 inches of ribbing so that it folds up to a 2 inch rib.


And here is the finished Irish Hiking Scarf, all displayed nicely for picture purposes.

I even put it all together in a nice fancy box, with a memory card holder that I got him for his camera. The gift was very well received, and I am so happy.

DETAILS:
Patterns: Irish Hiking Scarf & Irish Hiking Hat
Designer: Hello Yarn (Scarf) & Nicole Reeves (Hat)
Yarn: Paton's Decor Color 01672
Source: Lainages Du Petit Mouton
Needles: Size US 8/ 5.0 mm (for both)
Scarf Length: 56 inches long
Scarf Started & Finished: July 17, 2007 - October 11th, 2007
Hat Started & Finished: October 11-13, 2007

19 comments:

Summer said...

Congrats! on finishing the hat and scarf on time!!! They look great!

The pictures of Sean are just so adorable and you look great too!!

Jenn said...

The Hat looks GREAT!
Good Luck in returning the baby food. Most stores here won;t take it back, and if they do, they have to throw it out. The risk of contamination (even on unopened jars) is just too high!

Trish said...

Ooooh, I love love love that set! You did a fantabulous job on it! Congrats on finishing..and on time :)

Now, either that computer screen is REEEEEAALLLLLY gigantic, or Sean is teeny! Hehehehe

All Hail CEO Sean :)

Barb said...

time!! your straight hair looks great :)

Anonymous said...

And now, back to your regularly scheduled knitting for fun!

Jennifer Lori said...

It looks great! I love the photos of the hat, the grey and white against the black background- very striking! I can never get my knits to photograph as well as you can!

Megalion said...

What a beautiful set!! It looks so good! I almost want to eat it.

Bertha said...

That set looks so fantastic! I would love to receive that gift and I am sure he will too! (also the pic of Sean at the computer, SO CUTE)

K. said...

Sweet, I can now say that my bofriend is a CEO LOL!!!! Love the gift set, especially on the black background. Bravo!

craft-chick said...

Wow congrats on finishing on time...they look great! And so does your hair!

adrienne said...

sean is absolutely adorable! i wanna pinch his chubby cheeks! what a ham!

lspollock626 said...

the hat and scarf came out great! Im so glad to hear your FIL loved it.

41 weeks! wow! you both look great. miss ya

lspollock626 said...

i love the pic of sean at teh comp. what did your dad say? LOL that is one for a frame.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness, that is such a cute picture of Sean at the computer! The other one is great too!

Glad you were able to finish the scarf and hat on time, and that they were well received.

Tara said...

You made it! How long did you finally make the scarf?

Jenny said...

That picture of Sean at the computer is so adorable--perhaps a preview to what your little one may be doing in 25 years!

halloweenlover said...

So cute! I can't believe he got a trim! Gabe needs one too, but I'm holding off because I can't stand the thought! ; )

He is also totally uninterested in mush. All chunky or real food. Today he ate tofu, avocado, cheese, carrots and green beans! At one sitting! He is a beast!

Gorgeous scarf and hat.

g-girl said...

teehee. how funny is he! what a huge screen. yay for finishing the hat and scarf on time!!!! we all knew you could do it! so glad to hear that he loved it all. :)

Arianne said...

That's one of the BEST Irish Hiking Scarves I've seen!

But where did you get the hat pattern?