Saturday, October 20, 2007

October 20 of 31

I'm so jealous of all those who went to Rhinebeck. Please share photos and stories. And please tell me you touched yarn for me!

This morning I got up early and went to do some errands. Stopped by the post office and mailed off a bunch of parcels that had to go out. Phew! Had to get those out of my house and into the mail. Then I stopped by Walmart and did a return. I also picked up a few things that I needed, including Multi Grain Cheerios for Sean. He likes those. Then I went to Futureshop to do an exchange and pick up Wii Play. I have Wii sports, but also wanted Wii Play (Skiball and Ping Pong, etc!) Then, I went to Reno Depot (the hardware store) and picked up door knobs and light fixtures for our duplex. The current door handles and the light fixtures belong to my parents originally and I want to take them with me when we move. So Jamie spent this afternoon replacing those (better to do it before the open house tomorrow) and I went with my dad upstairs to fix their leaking tub, which took them a week to tell me that is was leaking. (I thought I'd heard something, but wasn't sure). Well, that's fixed now. Also - upon going up today, I found out they broke the top of the toilet. You know the part you remove where the water stays inside before getting flushed? The resevoir tank I think it's called? Well, they broke the lid. A ceramic lid. How the fuck did they do that? And why is it going to take them a week to get a new one? Are they importing one from China??? I have a house to show tomorrow and they have a broken toilet. FRIGG. I recommend, NEVER RENT OUT TO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS! Thank goodness I will never ever ever ever have to be a landlord again. I don't like being a landlord. Too many headaches for nothing. Really!


Like father like son. When Jamie needs a haircut and doesn't gel his hair, he looks like Kramer from Seinfeld. Sean, out of a bath, looks like his daddy.....!

This evening I half watched the Habs game, (we kicked Buffalo's butt 4-2 Woohoo!) and did a lot of work in my office. I can actually see my desk right now (but the floor, yeah, that's a whole other story). I have more cleaning up to do in my office before tomorrow's open house.

I have been doing a lot of purging. I was hanging on to a magazine subscription to a magazine that no longer exists (only ran for about 2 years, but I had every issue). Why was I keeping it? No idea. I put it out into the recycling box. I have been slowly organizing my things, and finding some yarn to DeStash. I'm sure you all want to see what I'm DeStashing, more info coming soon. I've got some of the yarn online in my shop in my DeStash section. Some of it sold already! There is still some Knit Picks bare left, someone please snatch it up! I really want it to go to a good home, as I do not have the time to dye... though, I wish I did!

Anyhow, I'm going to go back to preparing for the open house tomorrow, MUST SELL THIS DUPLEX! I didn't knit a stitch today, so no progress report yet. I hope to have some knitting time next week. That's the plan.

9 comments:

Robin said...

Sorry to hear about the broken toilet - bad timing! Jim and I have thought before about possibly getting into real estate investment, but everyone I know who is a landlord tells me the same thing - not to.

Great pics of your husband and Sean - they do look very much alike!

lspollock626 said...

Sean is a spitting image of Jamie!

kristo said...

Wow, Sean looks a LOT like his Daddy!

Ali P said...

If I wasn't on a yarn diet I would buy the knitpicks yarn because A) awesome price and B) I heart koolade dyeing.
I was really really lucky as a landlord and the tenants bought our house in June. I'm sorry your tenants have all been such asshats.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the open house, I hope it sells quickly at a good price and then your headaches are almost over :)

Arianne said...

UGH! I hate it when people have no respect for the houses they live in just because they don't own it!! :( ARGH! It makes me angry. A friend of mine had a house TOTALLY trashed by university students. :(

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sorry to hear about the problems regarding the tenants. Such a headache. You'd think when something is wrong they'd tell the landlord right away.

I love Sean's curls! Curls on a baby/small child are so cute. My hair is naturally straight...as a board. I hate it. Wish I had curls...

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I may have to get Wii Play. Wario Smooth Moves and Mario Paper Party are really awesome too.

g-girl said...

oh my gosh..i can't believe they freakin' broke the toilet lid. at least you'll be rid of them all soon. :)