Monday, October 15, 2007

October 15 of 31

I had my real estate agent come today to evaluate how much he thinks my house is able to be listed for, to sell. Tomorrow I'm signing the papers, and we're putting our house up for sale! I've potentially found a place that I like - and I'm going to see it on Wednesday. I'm very excited. I can't believe Jamie's on board (earlier than our January 1st date), but if we've found a place, then we need to sell! And so, it's finally happening! The new house will be in the area where Sean will be zoned to go to the elementary school that I want him to go to, and also close enough to my parents for help (but not within walking distance - since I do want some space! Definitely bike riding distance though).

However, when we went upstairs to show my real estate agent the changes we made to upstairs (since the last time he was in there was when I was buying this place), I was absolutely MORTIFIED. I don't think they've swept since they moved in, there was dirt and crumbs all over the floor. Not only did they have that, the faucet to the tub was leaking (I thought I heard something all week) and did they bother to tell us, nope. Oh and the kicker??? An open pizza box on the kitchen table, with crusts left over, as well as 2 pieces of pizza crust under one of the kid's bed. (2 that I could see). It was absolutely DISGUSTING in there. Tomorrow after I sign the paper and place the FOR SALE sign in the window, I'm going up and telling them that they better have it cleaned up before the first open house. I am DISGUSTED. I don't care that they're messy.... it's the fact that they are PIGS. Don't forget I know that they smoke pot and their parents that signed co-signed their lease - don't. They're cleaning up or I'm threatening them with that.

Sean has a new doctor! I got very lucky. It's actually a doctor I'd heard of before, and heard good things as well. And it's a MALE doctor - so I don't have to worry about him going on maternity leave. I will be discussing with him about the flu shot. Thank you everyone who emailed or commented with their information on it - I really appreciate it. I will be emailing back everyone individually (I always email back to my comments), but it will take me a few days, it's going to be a busy next few days with listing our house up for sale!

Sean is officially on a daycare registration list which will come out this December for next September. He'll have no problem getting accepted the woman on the phone said - as there is no outrageous list (phew!) and he'll be doing the 18 month program with another baby that we know that was born 2 months after him. Glad to know another mother in that program (she's actually the one that told me about it on Saturday night at the Anniversary dinner for my father's company).

Gaz Met finally showed up today around 2pm to ignite our heat, so it's not freezing in here anymore. The past 2 days were absolutely bad. (To the point my toes were frozen), but we didn't know how to light the furnace. Last year and the year before, the guy came in the fall to do a regular servicing and started it up for us. This year..... I had to call them. Well, finally we have heat... phew! Sean had the only heater we own in his room. He of course get priority!

Well, I'm beat. I had post-natal aqua class tonight, and I'm just exhausted. We just finished watching Heroes (and I worked on Sean's Cabled Pullover). A progress photo coming tomorrow! Sean has his swim class tomorrow morning, early, so I'm going to go close my eyes. Definitely won't be any insomnia tonight.

ps- Sean wants to win this cute 18-24 month shirt over at The Laughs Will Go On. I'm supposed to link this post.

pps- for those of you curious, game one I bowled a 136 in the first game and a 105 in the 2nd game. I can bowl over 200 on the Nintendo Wii.... weird!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the house you're going to look at strictly for you or will you have tenants there too? I hope not, you'll be much happier without! Anyways, good luck with all that!

Arianne said...

Ick! That sounds disgusting!

But I don't understand, how do you have different people living upstairs in your house?

Caroline said...

I'm a pro tennis player on the Wii but I can't even play in real life ;)

Good luck with the house!

Anonymous said...

Just sending luck for the listing and sale - may it be rapid and painless. Now go kick some tenant buttock.

Andrea said...

Thanks for entering my contest...Good luck to Sean!!! :) Sounds like you had yourself a full day too...oh well, nobody can say you didn't get anything done!! :)

Tara said...

136 at bowling? You rock!

Bertha said...

Yay, congratulations on possibly finding a new house and putting yours up for sale! Dirty punk kids! *shakes fist like old lady*

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with House selling and house finding!!

Firefly said...

Soo jealous!!! I want a house! I guess that means you can update your countdown ticker!!!

Christine said...

Thanks for entering my Big Birthday Giveaway. Come back, when you get a chance, and let me know which prize you would like to win, and why. GOOD LUCK!

Robin said...

That's great that you won't have to wait to get your new house! That is gross about the pizza box, especially the part about the pizza under the bed. Eww. You should make sure they haven't attracted any bugs/rodents with those types of housekeeping habits (yuck.) Hopefully not, as they haven't been there long.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

My first thought about the pizza crusts lying around was that they might attract cockroaches or other bugs...I hope that doesn't happen! I do hope they'll keep the place spotless for when they have open house (or if they call you to tell you someone is coming to look at the house).

g-girl said...

wow! you're putting your house on the market already and you've already found the house you want? Talk about speedy gonzales! i'm excited for you. sorry to hear that your students are basically living like students live. :P Hope they don't have to feel your wrath!

sharon said...

Oh to sell my house.
How nice that would be.
Great knitting has been going on with you too!

K. said...

think that without the wii, maybe you wouldn't have bowled such a kick ass 130!!!

Jennifer Lori said...

Good luck with the house stuff! I'll have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow that it's not a dump...there are a LOT of good real estate photographers out there. We got scammed by a few nice looking virtual tours with really crappy actual tours. Good luck!