Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October 30 of 31

This morning Sean had his swim class and we actually made it! I got yelled at by one of the lifeguards for bringing my stroller near the pool area (no one told me I couldn't?) and Sean was a super trooper in the water. He hasn't been in the water since about August, so it's been a while. He was all smiles though, except when getting dunked under the water. There were 2 fathers in this class with their babies, I was quite shocked! Wasn't expecting that. Sean is able to swim a few feet on his own and grab onto the edge of the pool. He can stay on the edge of the pool for several minutes with no help. He's such a big boy. I hope he gets used to the water more and more and doesn't hate it. So far, so good.

I met up with Amy right after Sean's swim lesson. We hurried over to Véronik Avery’s office, and we each got our book signed. I do NOT feel guilty snapping this photo below, because Amy did too!


Veronik signing my copy of her book Knitting Classic Style.

Here's what she had to say! I sure will enjoy knitting from this book, first project I want to make is the Military Jacket. We stayed a while talking about tenants and renovations and suburb vs. city life. It was nice.

After we went over to Mouliné, and Amy got to meet Svetlana & Scott. Scott is always goo-goo ga-ga over Sean, so I spoke to him for a bit. He remembered Sean and couldn't believe how big he was getting. I found a copy of Cat Bordhi's Book New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a copy, and Amazon.ca nor Chapters.com have it, and I wasn't about to start ordering from amazon.com. It was just easier to not pay shipping and pick it up from Mouliné whom I knew carried Skacel products. Skacel won't let me wholesale from them as I don't have a store front. (I tried!) After Mouliné, we got lost on our way to meet Sarah at Effiloché. Unfortunately I'm not 100% familiar with Le Plateau, and I had directions from Mouliné to La Bobineuse de Laine, and not from Mouliné to Effiloché. So, we got a little lost, but found out way. Sarah, Amy & I (along with Sean of course) went to eat lunch at Nickels. I hadn't eaten there in years, but really enjoyed my burger. Sean enjoyed my french fries. After lunch we actually went into Effiloché and Amy bought some yarn, as well as myself. I know, bad bad girl. I have my own shop and I'm buying yarn (that I don't need!) at another yarn shop. Eh, I fell in love with the colors. Two different skeins of Regia Sierra Color. Photos to come soon. After Effiloché I dropped Amy off at Kate Gilbert’s house, as she had plans to hang out there.

On my way home I stopped at the post office as I had a missed package in the mail. Apparently Canada Post sent me a copy of Canadian Small Business Kit for Dummies. Uhm, okay? Thank you?

I also got in the mail today, my free skein of Vickie Howell's yarn for advertising her new podcast on my sidebar. It's pink and it's 70% bamboo/30% Silk. It's a 50g skein, called LOVE. (From SWTC - the South West Trading Company). I should be able to make a baby hat out of the 90 meter skein. I'm either hoping my next child is a girl, or someone I know will have a girl, so I can use this solo skein for a baby hat. Can't think of anything else more perfect, it's super soft! I can't wait to feel it running through my fingers as I knit! I'm wondering if it's already for sale, and where? (Michaels? Nope, Michaels only has Vanna White's Yarn)

Tonight I had tickets to the Habs game. I was supposed to go with my brother, but he nicely gave up his tickets and Jamie & I went to the game together. Sean got babysit at my in-laws tongiht, and we unfortunately lost 3-2 in a shoot-out to the Atlanta Thrashers. It was a crappy game (the Habs should have played the entire game the way they played in the 3rd period). However, I did cast on for my first pair of Monkeys (been dying to try this pattern), and I'm using one of the new balls of Regia Sierra Colors that I got today. I hope it comes out nice, the colorways is very funky. We'll see as I knit a few more rows.

In house news, the offer on my has has been 100% settled, so now we have the house inspection 10 am on Thursday, and they have 4 days after that to get the report. Also, as of noon today, they have 10 days to clear their mortgage. (Which I'm not worried about, as they're putting a very large down payment on the house). Everything is still set up for Thursday 7pm for me to get the keys to my new house! I cannot wait. I think I'm going to start on Friday with cleaning the carpets. I already have a housekeeper lined up for a thorough cleaning before we start moving in all the furniture, etc. I have to look at the calendar and pick a date to hire the movers for the furniture. It's looking like it will be the week of the 19th of November. I hope to move as many boxes and items as we can into the house before our furniture comes, (less things for the movers, more money we save!)

7 comments:

Barb said...

I'm glad your move is going good:) You'll love Monkey's it's such a fun pattern:)

Tara said...

That's so funny! Kate-the-Enabler and I just went to Mouliné yesterday (the 30th).

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on the good news about the house! You must be so excited that things are happening quickly.

I haven't tried the monkey socks yet either but I want to. I think that maybe my yarn from The Knittery that I got from the Loopy Ewe will be reserved for that pattern...unless I decide the yarn I get from you (the Claudia) would look better...btw, should have the cheque out to you some time this week.

Anonymous said...

Monkeys! I do like the colors so far. Glad everything's settled now on the houses.

sharon said...

wow- that sounds awesome!!
Congratulations all around on the house(S)

Jackie said...

I always wanted to knit Monkey but never get it started !

Love the colorway! Very nice.

g-girl said...

that's so cool sean can swim a few feet! :)