Friday, October 26, 2007

October 26 of 31

I forgot to mention last night that the signing on our new house will take place on Thursday instead of on Hallowe'en because the daughter who has power of attorney to sell the house wants to be in Toronto for Hallowe'en because her young kids want her there, and she totally forgot about Hallowe'en. So we moved it to Thursday, which is fine by me. She'll be pre-signing at the notary's downtown office in the afternoon before jumping back on a plane to Toronto, and I'll be signing at 7 pm at the office near my new house. The notary actually lives across the street from my parents and knows my parents really well. The last notary we used when I bought the house I'm currently in, is a total putz, and I refuse to go back to him. Ironically the old notary, lives and works in the same place (since he's in a wheel chair) and it's the building that my grandmother lived in after she married my late grandfather many moons ago. Less than a week and I get my new house! I am very excited. Paint colors have been picked out for the rooms that will be painted and we're ready to rock-and-roll.


I also forgot to mention that when I went upstairs last night to show the Hasidic family the apartment upstairs when they returned last night, I was shocked to what I saw! You'll never guess! My girl tenant (1 girl tenant, 3 boy tenants), was KNITTING! Yes, you heard me correctly. She was knitting! She's working on a hat on some circulars. I was pretty impressed. She said she just picked it up from her mom who picked it up because she was leaving to go away to University and needed something to do to cope! CUTE! She showed me this book that she got and which projects from it she wanted to make. I gave her also the link to my shop, and told her about our knit nights. (Is that too weird?) Soon, I won't be her landlord anymore, so maybe it's not too weird??


Speaking of which....... I got a call today that the Hasidic Jewish family that came by yesterday for two 45 minute intervals will be placing an offer on the house. They unfortunately CANNOT make it do give the offer before Shabbat tonight, so the agent (who was the agent who originally sold this house to me) will be dropping it off with my agent tomorrow night. At first they asked about July 1st occupancy (which gave me the clue that they're renting a place and their lease is until June 30th/July 1st). However, I don't want to carry this house longer than December 31st 2007/January 1st 2008. I was hoping for December 1st, but if I have to do one more month, I'll accept that. However my agent was able to get a feel for what the number is, and got a verbal offer delivered. It's a lot lower than I was expecting, but they are expecting a counter offer. The counter offer will be given tomorrow night after we get in writting their initial offer. Also, they want occupancy for April 30th, 2008, which is out of the question. I'll be counter offering my amount with December 1st, 2007. I refuse to carry this house longer than December 31st, but I will try first for December 1st, unless we got top dollar for this house, and I can use that for the mortgage payments, and all the other bills to keep this place going (heating bills, phone line for the alarm system, etc) but even still I don't want to be responsible for this house past 2007.


Today we went out for lunch with some friends, and Sean was sporting his Red Sox outfit, which was given to him by his "Auntie" Sherrie. Jamie says he allows Sean to wear it because the Sox are in the playoffs, but if the Yankees had made if further, Sean would not be wearing it.

I got my mannequin leg in the mail last night. Help me name her. She definitely needs a name. I will give a prize to the person who helps me come up with a good name for her!

This picture is for Tara. It's the mannequin leg modelling Jamie's Cabled Socks. Yep, it's sock number 1. Sock number two is still in progress. (I better finish it soon)

Progress on Sean's Drive-Thru Sweater. I am LOVING it!!! Coming out so great. Makes me want to knit another one after this! (REALLY!) I am soooo happy with the color choice I went with. It's looking great.

Since Bertha is making the same size sweater (when she casts on) for her daughter June, she will be doing it in the Berry colorway, I am sending her yarn for the yoke. I actually have a skein of berry for a probably one day daughter sweater, providing I one day get that daughter I want! I need a little more, which Bertha will be mailing me (thanks again!) and I'm sending her in return 6 colors for her to choose from for the yoke on her sweater. I told her it's rediculous for her to go out any buy a full skein for the yoke, when I had so much leftover from Sean's sweater, and extras I had in my stash, which I had no use for. Does anyone happen to have any Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Blue Violet, Charcoal, or Taupe in their stash, that they can part with some? If so, email me, I'll let you know how much I need and we'll figure out a swap/trade. There are no Michaels near me where I can get some. The nearest Michaels is in Ontario in Ottawa or in Plasstburgh, New York.

Anyhow, I'm beat and I have to be well rested for a lot of counter offering tomorrow. It may go back and forth tomorrow night and we may have a sale, or it may take a few days, depending on how fast they want to settle, and if they want to meet our price. Also - it seems like they want to settle before the open house on Sunday, so we'll see how it goes....! Wish me luck to get the price and occupancy date that I want!

14 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm trying to think of a name for your leg (now here's a sentence I never thought I'd say) and I can only think of stupid things. Like Alegsandra or Alegsis. I'm funny sometimes.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sean's sweater is looking great! I"d like to learn doing sweaters in the round (on circs) at some point...save some seaming. Not sure if that's how you did it or not, but I'd still like to learn that method...especially for adult sizes (so I can make myself a sweater lol).

I think Holly Hollowleg would be a good name for your manequin leg...you could call her Holly for short.

pahkcah02 said...

Good luck at your closing. Sean looks wicked adorable as a Sox fan. Tell Jamie that when A-Rod signs with Boston that I'd be more than happy to get him an official jersey :).

Mathgirl said...

I'll think good house selling thoughts for you! And I'm totally jealous of the mannequin leg :)

Andrea said...

You really are good at this knitting stuff! hehe...you inspire me to try some more!! And good luck with all the stuff with your house!! And a name for your mannequin leg? haha...I don't know...I like caroline's idea...haha! Made me laugh! :)

Firefly said...

What about Peg, get it, pegleg,haha, she's a fake leg! I am sure you are RFLYAO...I know I am a dork....

Bertha said...

Wow, thanks! You didn't have to send me all that! Those colors are awesome, I can't wait to get started on this now! I'm going to have to physically restrain myself from casting on until I get her stocking finished!
I have a skein of cotton-ease in Charcoal en route to me! A girl needed a set of size 6 dpns and asked if anyone wanted to swap for anything that she had. She had a skein of Charcoal cotton-ease and I had an extra set of size 6 dpns, so I told her I'd trade for that, but have no need or use for it, I was just gonna toss it in the stash, so if you want me to hold off on mailing the berry yarn until the charcoal arrives this week, I can mail both at the same time!

Barb said...

Sean's sweater looks great:)

Tara said...

The sweater is looking great! And thanks for the picture of the mannequin. It's pretty cool! (and a little scary at the same time) ;)

Ali P said...

Leggy LaRoux. Sounds like burlesque performer..heh heh

g-girl said...

wow. sean's drive-thru sweater looks amazing!! a name for your mannequin leg? hmm...I'll get back to you on that!

Jennifer Lori said...

Hmm...a name for the leg...how about Cathy? You know, it's "calf-y"? *groan* :)

Maggie said...

I totally vote for Peg or Peggy...it's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

Chris H said...

All I can think of when I look at your new leg is that movie "A Christmas Story" - especially with the sock on! LOL So, I'm thinking her name should be "Fra-jille-ay", the way they pronounced "fragile" in the movie.