Wednesday, October 10, 2007

October 10 of 31

Today was a long day. I left the house bright & early to bring my car into Acura for a regular check-up. My sister met me there and we headed off to do some errands while my car was being serviced. I got my prints done for the October Sock Club Patterns since the kits will be going out in the mail next week and had a few returns to do. We went to see the 1pm Starz & Stroller movie, which was Heartbreak Kid this week. We met up with Jenn & Jakob and pretty much the entire playgroup from Jenn's house last Thursday. Heartbreak Kid was not a movied I'd pay full price for, but definitely funny. A lot of sex & nudity again this week - definitely not PG13! I had a free pass so I'm glad it was free! Though, it was indeed funny! The movie for next week isn't listed on the site yet, so I'll check back tomorrow. After the movie I did another return and then picked up my car. I stopped by the bank and then headed back into the city. In the city I got my passport picture taken (since my sister did my hair nicely for me this morning - straightened it) and I am VERY happy with my passport picture since I wasn't allowed wearing my glasses nor was I allowed to smile. I am happy that this image that was taken will be my passport for the next 5 years. I am waiting until after Rhinebeck to submit it though, so that I have a passport to cross the border with next weekend. I went to the post office (in the same place where I got my passport picture taken) and then waited around for Angela to arrive as we were hanging out at my place tonight.

I received my package in the mail today from Noricum - our swap for leftover sock yarn. I cannot wait to get my deadline projects finished so that I can continue on Sean's blankie! Very excited about that! I am also VERY impressed that she wound every cake by hand! (I used my ball winder to do hers!)

She also sent me along these goodies - some homemade magnets, some chocolate, and a keychain bear.

Also - my fave two added extras are this mini crochet hook (needed one for my knitting kit) and this little pouch to house my grafting needle(s)! Noricum made the little pouch by hand, and I'm inquiring to see if she'll sell some in my shop! Thank you for the awesome swap (she should be getting my parcel in the next day or so).

There has been knitting today on the hat. It's coming along nicely. I am going to have to KNIT KNIT KNIT all day tomorrow I think to get it done. Once I'm done the hat, I'll see how much time I have left to add onto the scarf before we leave to dinner. I have to also take into consideration weaving in ends, etc.... also. (For timing). I CAN DO IT! I know the hat looks weird above, but below is what it will look like - folded over, is how you're supposed to wear it! Anyhow, I won't be leaving my couch tomorrow... I have to KNIT KNIT KNIT!



I worked on the hat today during the movie in the theater, and as well, while watching Mean Girls with Angela! I think it was my 487th time watching that movie - I just love it. When I used to work in a video store, that's all I used to watch! (And Grease, and Elf, and Breakfast Club, and Death Becomes Her amongst other classics that I used to watch while working!)

Sean tried fish last might for dinner and absolutely loved it! I had made tilapia marinated in honey garlic sauce. He just loved it. I gave him leftovers for dinner tonight again and it was a big hit! I hope he doesnt't ever stop this! He'll eat anything! Phew!

I also totally forgot that Sean started his swim classes on Tuesday, so we missed the first one. I will have to make sure we don't forget next week! I really have no idea how I forgot??

10 comments:

Arianne said...

Completely off topic, but Royal Mail is striking again from Monday. Some of the items I ordered for my SP are still held up in the previous strike's aftermath...this is going to be more delay...

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love the stitch markers you're using on the hat (which is coming along nicely, I might add). Are they ones you made?

If you head over to my blog, you'll see I've started a sock - first one since arriving in Korea! If I have any leftovers of the yarn, I'll definitely send it your way for Sean's blankie!

I didn't know it was possible to have a good passport picture taken, lol. Mine is HORRIBLE...I really hate it with a passion! I wish I wasn't stuck with that for 5 years...

Anonymous said...

I love Mean Girls, but I really love your stitch markers on the hat, too.

craft-chick said...

I'll cross my fingers for you that you get the hat and scarf done. Thanks for the movie review!

Tara said...

I've never seen Mean Girls, but my three favourites when I was growing up were Grease, Mary Poppins and Dirty Dancing.

noricum said...

I didn't like that I had to take off my glasses and not smile too. :( Especially since then the guy taking my photo then teased me about the not smiling so that I started laughing. It was impossible! (I got my last passport photo taken while I was in the US... they thought all our requirements were crazy!) Then the drivers licence photo also went the no-smile, no-glasses route! :(

I hope all the yarn balls are indeed big enough! (6g should give you 20-50% extra, but then there were those smaller balls where I just sent all I had.)

Trish said...

Noricum always comes through on her swaps!

Can't wait to see the finished hat.

Hooray for you for getting your boy in swim lessons. I think it's a must for all young children. Once they get older, they are too afraid and it's much harder!

Laura said...

I had to get a new drivers license a few weeks ago and it was the first one I've had since I stopped wearing contacts. My eyes are -9 (really bad) so I couldn't even see where I was supposed to be looking! They kept having to retake the picture because I wasn't looking straight at the camera. I just told them it was their fault for not letting me wear my glasses! Good luck on the knitting tomorrow!

Drea said...

i am so amazed at how fast you knit! how many hours a day do you knit? cause it takes me forever to knit... im so slow at it.

g-girl said...

how cool that sean likes fish! :) and he got to taste yummy sounding fish too..marinated in a honey garlic sauce?? yum!