Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21 of 31

Today is my 2 year blogaversary. This blog started out as a way for me to document my journeys, but then turned into a knit blog and a baby blog since giving birth to Sean. Many thanks to everyone who reads my blog and keeps me going by commenting and sharing advice, opinions and words of wisdom with me. Here's to the year to come! And many many more!

The winner of my Blogaversary Contest - the person who was the 2121st commenter was.....

KRISTO!! (Kristy!)

And the 2121st comment was this one in particular! CONGRATS!
I'm a very very very bad girl. I cast on another project:

Sean's Drive-Thru Sweater. The smallest size you can make is size 2 (2 years old), so I'll make it - and he'll wear it when he fits into it, whenever that will be. You see, I got really bored with the Cabled Pullover. Well bored is not the right word. I needed a change of scenery. I'll get back to it, eventually. Hopefully before he outgrows 18 month size! I'm using Lion Brand Cotton Ease for Sean's sweater since I picked up some gorgeous colors while in Michaels when I went to Webs with my mother and grandmother to see the Yarn Harlot back in May. Wendy Bernard gives you a list of brands of yarns that you can use for this project. (Possible Yarn Substitutions: Marlabrigo, Elann Peruvian Highland Wool, Cascade 220, Lion Brand Cotton Ease or Wool Ease, Misti Alpaca Worsted, Karabella Aurora 8, Plymouth Encore; worsted cotton would also work.) So since I had the colors in my stash for the project in Lion Brand that I wanted to use (I could have used Cascade 220 Superwash), but didn't have any colors that I wanted to use for Sean in stock. I fell in love with the colors that Julia Frick used for Biscuit's sweater. I'm doing Sean's in the same family of colors because it looks soooo darn good. And ironically back in May I picked out similar colors.

I've decided that I will be frogging Sean's Tank Top. It's also with Lion Brand Cotton Ease and I DO NOT like working with it on US2 (2.75mm) and US3 (3.25mm) size needles. It is just absolutely horrible. Sean's Drive-Thru is knit on US 7 ad US 8 needles. That's more like it. Doesn't kill your hands.

I did a swap with the blogless Josee from Winnipeg. I'm sending her a ball of Regia Galaxy from my shop for some black yarn and some leftover sock yarn for the two blankies (Sean's and the girl one I hope to do when I have a girl one day). I am now after receiving the package Laura sent me) fully equipped with solid black yarn for the two blankies. Thanks ladies!

Josee sent a wonderful assortment of leftover sock yarn. Thanks again Josee. She also sent me some handmade stitch markers and earrings that she made! I forgot to photograph them though.

The open house today went great I think. There were about 8 different sets of people, and some of them really seemed interested. Now I just sit and wait for feedback/an offer. I don't know how long it will take, but I really hope to not sit with 2 properties for too ong. Since the open house ended (I stayed home and worked in my office while my parents took Sean to visit each set of his great-grandparents, and Jamie went bowling with some friends), one person stopped in front of my house and jotted down the real estate agent's number and my address, and someone else from another agent called and booked a possible appointment for 6pm tomorrow night, which is fine as long as it's 6 pm prompt, because Jamie and I have Habs tickets for tomorrow night for a 7:30pm game, and Sean's sleeping at my parents house, so we get another night to ourselves, which will be nice, even though we'll miss the little guy. So back to the open house/prospects: I think we'll be okay. I've just got bad anxiety now until we sell this house. I get bad anxiety when things stress me out. It's not good, but it's really hard to relax when I'm in this state.

There is just over a week left to buy a November Sock Club Kit. Just a reminder that the colors are absolutely STUNNING for November. I have a skein here in my office, and I'm in love. If you're only going to splurge one more time this year, this is the kit to get.

Tonight I leave you with a creation. I got this shadow box in a gift exchange at Xmas 2 years ago. I finally found something to use it for. It's my sock yarn butterflies! I plan to put it in my new office when we move:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shadow box, what a great idea!

Ali P said...

OMGs....I love the shadowbox of yarn butterflies. Thats so cute and I think I need one for my knitting corner. Very very cool..just like you!
Oh !..... no I don't work during the days but have a schedule for my boys. Afternoon freedom from 12:30 pm on but must be home before 4 since they get home around then UNLESS its rainy..then I have to drive them. Does this make sense?

Bertha said...

Ooh, cotton-ease! Good choice! I have drive-thru queued and I have some rose colored cotton-ease in my stash that I was going to use for a pair of baby bell bottoms, but changed my mind. Maybe I can pick up another couple colors for the yoke and knit it up in that!

Firefly said...

Hmmmm, I love that sassy stitch marker but it looks familiar? Thanks for helping me out with the Sp package, it arrived and she was very happy!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea for leftover yarn! I like the color of Sean's new sweater.

Anonymous said...

That shadow box is amazing! Such a great idea!

I totally missed you at Rhinebeck! I'll post all the photos when I get home next week!

Tara said...

I can't believe I came within 2 comments of winning your contest!!!! :)

Andrea said...

I love the shadow box idea!!

I really want to buy November's kit but I really can't so I've promised myself December's :D

Lindsey said...

what a great idea with the shadow boxes! i love that! i dream of a huge craft room all to myself with wooly decorations and big shelving units for my books and yarn! one day...one day!

how many skeins of the cotton ease is it going to take to make the sweater? i too have some in the stash that i would like to use for some unknown child! ;)

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

Hey Robyn! Sorry I haven't commented in a LONG while.... BIG congrats on your new home, I am so excited for you.
The sweater you are making Sean is so cute! Don't worry about the size 2 thing. When he is one you can roll up the sleeves.

I also LOVE the picture of Sean and his daddy and the hair! Handsome men there!

Alex said...

Congrats on the blog-anniversary! Looking forward to reading more of your entries!

g-girl said...

you're right, biscuit's drive-thru sweater is adorable! love the shadowbox idea! glad to hear the open house went well. here's to hoping the duplex sells fast. :)

Jackie said...

Congratulation on your blog anniversary.

Love the way you decorate the shadow box.